Search results

1. B

Changing block size IBM branded Micron S650DC-800 SSD

Do you still have it sitting around? I am not sure by any means that it will work in your case but i use a lot of disks from DS8K's and in order to be able to change the sector size to 512b from 528b the only method i have found that works is a utility called setblocksize...
  2. B

32TB ZFS Home Media Server

Cheers for the answers Rubylaser, what issues will running ESXi without VT-D cause? Can i actually run 3 IBM Serveraid controllers or will the third be running at such a slow PCIe speed that its not worth it?
  3. B

Thanks for all the thoughts and suggestions! I had not come across SnapRAID but it looks great, only having to spin up one drive for contiguous reads seems like a good way to lower the power bill on the setup. Will this avoid any issues with having a mixed pool of WD Green drives with IBM...
  4. B

Build’s Name: 32TB ZFS Home Media Server Operating System/ Storage Platform: ESXi/napp-IT and OmniOS CPU: Intel i7 920 or 930 or 950 (have all 3 not being used) Motherboard: EVGA X58 (or new) Chassis: NORCO RPC-4220 4U Rackmount Server Chassis w/ 20 Hot-Swappable SATA/SAS 6G Drive Bays Drives...