Search results

1. Guillermo Calvo

Looking for good low cost 2.5' Nas drives

You can get the ST91000640NS wich is the SATA version of ST91000640SS and cheaper $64.00 in Amazon right now Amazon.com: Seagate 1TB Constellation SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 2.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST91000640NS): Computers & Accessories
  2. Guillermo Calvo

Samsung Enterprise Solid State Drive PM853T 1TB (960GB) SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" SSD $279 OBO

Nice deal, seller accepted $999 x 4 Thanks for the deal @Boddy
  3. Guillermo Calvo

Tyan S5533GM2NR LE

I got two, seller accepted $80 + shipping Thank you!
  4. Guillermo Calvo

Dell PERC h310 (LSI 2008) $20 + free shipping - 2 available.

I got the last one Thank you!
  5. Guillermo Calvo

STH Colocation Number 2 Build Log

I would suggest to put your network gear in the middle of the rack, is easier to work / inspect in this way and it save some money in network cables. Another recommendation is to put server with the same deep together (deepest servers at the bottom of the rack) it will make your life easier...
  6. Guillermo Calvo

pfsense with colocation

Subnet Mask Cheat Sheet
  7. Guillermo Calvo

pfsense with colocation

Regarding your first question: Yes you are right, is a /27 subnet so you have 29 usable ips I'm not a pfsense expert but in all firewall you have to set two nics one for your wan (uplink to your provider) and the other for your internal lan (your switch) You can also set pfsense in transparent mode
  8. Guillermo Calvo

Supermicro X8dtt-f-sg007

or even a cheaper E5504 can be used to upgrade your BIOS $6.99 on eBay Intel Xeon E5504 2GHz Quad Core Processors SLBF9 735858205771 | eBay You just need one
  9. Guillermo Calvo

Monitoring?

Is you are going to use snmp don't need the agent, at least no in Zabbix I guess is the same with others
  10. Guillermo Calvo

Monitoring?

I can recommend you Zabbix, is very flexible and can be extended with your own scripts, I use Zabbix for basic monitoring (CPU, Memory, I/O, etc) to complex scenarios like DDoS detection, IP RBL checks and more. DISCLAIMER: Monitoring tools can create addiction, you will want to monitor everything
  11. Guillermo Calvo

Linux-Bench web interface v2.0 beta - check it out

Looks nice and clean, there is a little issue with the ordering, looks like you are using only the 3 firsts digits so it gives wrong results like 12772 < 130