Search results

1. S

cwwk i3-n305 vs R5-5600u

First of all, wow, Tomato is a really old thing, i remember running that in some really, REALLY old Netgear all-in-one router back in the day. Good to see it tiptoeing with the X86/X64 CPUs. So, congratz on launching it! Well, there are various reasons one might choose to go with one over the...
  2. S

Small NAS & MacGyver'd LSI Nytro 8110-4i

A couple years ago, i got into weird flash accelerators for the lulz, and i somehow got the idea to fuse a Sun F80 with a Nytro MegaRAID 8110-4i to kinda get a cheap 8120-4i... and it weirdly works. Add some thermal pads and a couple hours sorting everything up, and i now have an 800 GB 8110-4i...
  3. S

20+ port 2.5G POE managed switch recommendation

Yeah, that beast is definitely WAY more than what i need. My budget is anywhere from $600 to $800, but for the right thing i wouldn't mind stretching to $1000... but that would also need to include the cost of breakout cables to at least SFP cables, if not RJ45, as my whole home is already wired...
  4. S

It is true i don't need 20 ports, but i need between 8 and 11 ports. So i would be getting back to "having too little ports" with an 8-port switch that, while cheaper, it would still add more complexity to my home network. And no, i don't count the uplink port as being into the 2.5G ports i...
  5. S

Thanks for the replies @Dev_Mgr & @blunden Yeah, all the 2.5G switches that have recently been reviewed recently are definitely not enough, port-wise. And the only switch that has been reviewed so far that interested me was the esports cafe switch because the only thing it lacked was POE (and...
  6. S

I am looking to expand my home network, so far i've been happily using a Netgear GS316EP, but i am in need of more and faster ports, and i want a single big switch to avoid the hassle of managing multiple units. So far the only options i have seen that meet my criteria are the Qnap...
  7. S

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

My own box (N5105) with a 256 GB SM961 (Samsung 960 Pro OEM) has hovered around 3% since forever. So far i only have a couple VMs on it, but the CPU usage is almost as high as the IOwait. Also, it doesn't increase with any CPU load, so i'm not too concerned about it.
  8. S

PM9A3 Firmware / ERRORMOD related to fw version

I hhave a 1.92 TB PM9A3 thhat i've been using for a couple months now with that GDC7302Q firmware. No isssuess so far.
  9. S

Two Fanless Intel Celeron N5105 4x 2.5GbE Options Reviewed

After so many videos, i decided to jump the ship and buy one of these little monsters. I went with a N5105 with no storage and no RAM, because i have some leftover stuff here, however i am wondering how useful would be 32 GB on this machine. I do plan to have Proxmox and virtualize Pihole and...
  10. S

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

After so many videos, i decided to jump the ship and buy one of these little monsters. I went with a N5105 with no storage and no RAM, because i have some leftover stuff here, however i am wondering how useful would be 32 GB on this machine. I do plan to have Proxmox and virtualize Pihole and...
  11. S

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

Yeah, i thought i could do that as the PCBs are like 95% similar. The only thing visually different between both is the supplementary power connector on the ioDrive, and the fan connector and LEDs on the ioFX. So far, what i've done as i kinda don't need the ioFX (most of my storage needs are...
  12. S

I've been using my ioDrive 2 1.2 TB for a while now. Been totally liking it, however, as that one got into my personal PC (unlike the SX350 which got into my server), i've been having a bit of cooling issue on it. So far it works, and it stays at like 55c, but i had to jump a couple hoops which...
  13. S

WD – HGST – STEC 1TB MLC PCIe Solid State Accelerator $75

I would be interested to know if these are bootable. My F40 is nice and definitely faster, but at 400 GB, it has become a limit.
  14. S

I bought one of these for $77, which for 1.2 TB storage, is one hell of a deal. However, i also managed to score an SX 350 3.2 TB card. I've been reading kinda contradictory info, reading that you cannot use an ioDrive with an ioMemory card at the same time, but the manual has vague references...