Search results

1. U

Does anyone have experience with Serverpartdeals?

I was looking at this shop Server Part Deals | Enterprise Drives and I was wondering if anyone had experience before with them? I'm in Canada so shipping, cost and warranty are factors.
  2. U

Airport extreme showing its age, Looking at replacement

I have an old Airport Extreme that has been the main routing workhorse for my family and myself. It is starting to show its age. It appears to be dropping wireless network connections. I caught it on both my iPhone and MacBook Pro going from my "5G"hz network to my regular non Ghz network...
  3. U

Current router on its way out... possible replacement?

I'm not quite sure if this fits here, but here we go: I have an old AirPort Extreme 802.11ac that the 5Ghz radio is going on it. Usually stuff on the 5Ghz band will randomly go to 6 Mbps speed and drop everything. I have verified this on 2 separate machines. When this happens the machines say...
  4. U

FYI: Western Digital admits 2TB-6TB WD Red NAS drives use shingled magnetic recording

Western Digital admits 2TB-6TB WD Red NAS drives use shingled magnetic recording – Blocks and Files
  5. U

24/7 server running on enthusiast gear: overclocking wise or foolish?

I posted this request to reddit a while ago and I am starting to question one of my points: $1.5-2K CAD Linux Home server with (eventual) large migration of data: Plex, Torrents, game servers, VMs and 15TB of data high on ZFS : buildapcforme Here's a persons response to my plea: I went with a...
  6. U

WD RED: Possible refresh soon?

So I've been in the market to build a server, and I had the part list ready to go except, how I was going to stock the thing with DATA drives? I wanted to go $200 MAX per 4TB drive, and I settled on the WD RED series. Checked yesterday and it said it could only do 1-5 in a NAS, my server will...