Search results

1. G

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

Thanks! Unfortunately this item can't be shipped to my country though.
  2. G

Thanks. Can you link me the exact NIC you've bought? :)
  3. G

As others have found, the M.2 slot is very picky when it comes to NICs. I've bought an Intel-based M.2 NIC on Amazon, but it's not recognized. I tried all combinations in the BIOS of '2nd NIC' and 'WiFi', but no dice. The only confirmed working NICs I'm seeing in this thread are Realtek-based...
  4. G

Dell Wyse 5070 / 5070 extended thin clients

As long as you have nothing connected to it, it can't hurt to try and measure?
  5. G

Update: Went into the rabbit hole on the SMBUS issue today, but in the end the tape-trick worked like a charm... I now have a working Dell X520 in the Wyse 5070 by taping over pins 5 and 6.
  6. G

Thank you so much for your insight. It indeed seems very likely that the SMBUS address overlaps with the RAM given the POST code and the comments in the link that @cageek posted. I've tried multiple variations (single/double sticks, slot A/B, various sizes, different brands, etc) but I keep...
  7. G

I'm having trouble getting my 5070 Extended to work with an Intel X520-DA2 (technically a Dell 942V6). With the NIC installed, the machine does not boot. The same NIC in a different machine works without issue. A different NIC (i350) in the Wyse boots without issue... With the X520 installed...
  8. G

Fujitsu Futro S920 Thin Client as opnsense firewall

The riser is fairly priced, but they quoted me €55.70 in shipping costs to The Netherlands... The cheapest option for me was fujitsuspare €39 for riser + shipping.
  9. G

Fujitsu Futro S920 Thin Client as opnsense firewall

I bought this riser for the S920, but it's too short. However, the product specifications show the exact same hight? @frauhottelmann What's the exact hight of your riser from the bottom to the center of the PCIe slot?
  10. G

EU [WTB][DONE] Thin clients / SFF PC / low power

Looking to buy in one sale, or not? I have 1x HP T5570 (1GB RAM / 2GB SSD / WiFi) and 1x HP T610 (2GB RAM / 2GB SSD), both well under 25W. Both don't have the original HP OS anymore. Shipping from NL.
  11. G

HP EliteDesk Mini 705 G3

Don't most have Realtek NICs?
  12. G

Comparison: Intel i350-T4 Genuine vs Fake

Any thoughts on the risk of Fujitsu i350 cards being counterfeited? I'm looking at the D3035 because of its small form factor, but the clean PCB design doesn't give many clues. The price seems too good to be true, but it's a respectable seller and the counterfeiters seem to focus on...