Search results

1. C

Asus KNPA-U16 0E Q-Code error

Hi. My KNPA-U16 with Epyc Rome CPU has been working well for me, but now I'm getting errors. I changed out the RTX 2070 card for a 2070 Super and a 2080 Ti. When both cards are installed in the x16 slots, the system will get to the POST screen and get no further than the Total memory info...
  2. C

Tyan PCI-e x24 riser power connector

Anyone know the power connector type on this riser card? I'm assuming that it's just 12v, but would need an adapter to go from PCI-e VGA connector of a PSU to this
  3. C

Asus KNPA-U16 BIOS update Naples->Rome

I got an Asus KNPA-U16 today for my Rome Epyc processor. I'm able to power it on and get the iKVM going (and log in via the maintenance Ethernet port), but the board does not POST. It has the Naples 902 BIOS on it. There's a BIOS and SOP for updating on the Asus website, but it involves using...
  4. C

WTB: x8/x8 or x8/x16 PCIe riser cable

I want to buy any working x8->x8 or x8->x16 cable to test that using such a riser works as expected before ordering some from China (takes about 6 weeks to get them). Anyone in the US have a cable that they're looking to sell?
  5. C

Source for high quality PCI-e riser cables?

I've had some of the cheap riser cables in the past (gray with the blue Kapton tape). They have a high failure rate where they solder the wires to the connector. It often is a poor solder. Just the flexing of the cable is enough for them to come undone, so I hate using them. I've seen some...
  6. C

Where to get Gigabyte server motherboards?

I'm looking to buy a Gigabyte MZ32-AR0 for Epyc, but I can barely find anyone who sells it, and it doesn't seem in stock. Is there a place people recommend getting Gigabyte server motherboards in the US?
  7. C

Gigabyte MZ31-AR0 and Rome ES?

I saw in another thread that OC was being worked on (or maybe even working) with the MZ31-AR0 Rev 2, but want to confirm that it works with Rome ES Epyc processors. I'm setting up a home GPU render server and need 6+ x8 or x16 PCIe slots. Having a high core CPU will help with renders that can...
  8. C

10GbE or multi-gigabit NIC in PCIe 3.0 x1?

Are there any >1GbE NICs that use PCIe 3.0 x1 form factor? I believe that is enough for 10GbE, but most I see are PCIe 2.0. I'm trying to get a faster connection from an ITX computer I have to my NAS without buying a new mobo, etc.