Search results

1. A

Samsung 983 DCT m.2 Read Speed

I'll have to give that a shot. Do you know much about firmware updates? It's not clear to me how it works.
  2. A

See above, meant to reply.
  3. A

This is what I get now. I think I configured it correctly. Not much improvement with sequential, but significant improvement from random. I'm not used to what is considered good speed for random because I'm coming from the consumer world where sequential is touted.
  4. A

Hello, I purchased four Samsung 983 DCT m.2 NVMe drives and their performance leaves much to be desired. While Samsung says that they should reach 3000MB/s read and 1400MB/s write, I don't reach those speeds. I'm mostly concerned with read speed as these are meant to be holding my VHDs on...
  5. A

SSD TRIM Support on older Intel Chipsets (C606)

Or am I stupid? I thought TRIM support was at the controller level. Anyone know if my chipset supports SSD TRIM?
  6. A

SSD TRIM Support on older Intel Chipsets (C606)

I seem to have not been able to find a list of Intel chipsets that support SSD TRIM so hopefully you guys can help. I have a Supermicro X9DR3-F motherboard, and it has an onboard C606 chipset. When I built this server, I couldn't find anything definitive, so I ended up using a Dell H330 HBA to...
  7. A

NVMe PCI-E Adapter Card w/ PLX

So, the issue is that I have an Unraid server, and I wanted NVMe cache in a RAID 1 mirror. I don't believe that would be a good idea on those Intel cards.
  8. A

Can you let me know what speeds you're getting along with what SSD you're using?
  9. A

Reviews on Amazon says it gets about 2/3s of the speed of what the Samsung NVMe drives are capable of.
  10. A

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Yeah, okay, that's annoying. Figure I should have gone with Netgear or Cisco as this is essentially a dumb switch for me now.
  11. A

That's the thing, I don't want anything complex, but no matter what I do here it doesn't seem as though I'm understanding. All I want is 5 VLANS similar to the guide here: pfSense baseline guide with VPN, Guest and VLAN support But this is to too much for me to do via CLI without some kind of...
  12. A

Thanks. Does anyone have a guide on how to get these working with pfSense. I don't think I'm capable of translating some of the guides you see around for Netgear and Cisco switches into Brocade. If I can't get this working I'm going to have to return this or resell it.
  13. A

I figured that out later. Will the 6450 take whatever 3-pin fan I give it?
  14. A

So, I'm looking to quiet down the 1 fan that this ICX 6450-24 has in it. I did a little searching in this thread and I've seen the NF-A4x20 FLX and the Sunon MB40201VX-000U-G99 has been used by a couple folks, but it looks like these fans will cause a boot loop until the stock fan is put back...
  15. A

So, I think a lot of my frustration was learning CLI. I also did a dumb thing and didn't consider that since the switch's DHCP server was off that I had to use a static IP on the client to get to the webUI. Then, once I registered the switch with the router's DHCP I was able to give the switch...
  16. A

Thanks. Do you know of any 2 slot cards?
  17. A

So, I followed the instructions to update the firmware, but no matter what I do I can't get to the webUI, and none of the Brocade documentation seems to apply as it's now a Layer 3 switch and the documentation assumes that you're using the Layer 2 firmware. Getting frustrated at this point.
  18. A

Hello. I have a server based around a SuperMicro X9DRi-F. Sad story about it is that the motherboard lets you bifurcate the lanes in the BIOS, but SuperMicro support says that just because the BIOS lets you do it, doesn't mean it works (they recommended the X10 or newer). I have a couple of the...
  19. A

I just received the ICX6450-24, and the fan... is noisier than I expected. Can I replace it with a 3-pin Noctua or something that's quieter? I doubt I'll be hammering the switch very hard as it will only have 10 devices hooked up at most.
  20. A

Sorry, one last question: If I purchase one of these from Ebay, and the seller says that it is fully licensed; if it is, and if I reset the switch to factory or otherwise upgrade the firmware, does the license remain unlocked so that all the 10Gbe ports are active?