Search results

1. firenity

12 sfp+ + 4 10gbe rj45 - Ubiquiti Edgeswitch 16xg

Nice! Also (from the datasheet): :)
  2. firenity

6 - 12 10GB SFP+ Port Switch?

I think the D-Link switches you're referring to have been announced for May 2015, so I wouldn't say that qualifies as vaporware. AFAIK they're not available anywhere yet.
  3. firenity

New switch

Thanks for all the info, but I think the ICX 6610 is gonna be too power-hungry for my tastes: 165W (185W with 2 PSUs) power draw according to the specs. I think I'm gonna wait for those new D-Link 10G switches to come out, instead. Density-wise they sure would've been nice though.
  4. firenity

New switch

A switch with 48x 1Gb and 8x 10G ports (+ 4x 40G QSFP in the back?)? This could be perfect for a home lab. How hard is it to find them with the 10G upgrade license(s)? I suppose power consumption is gonna be fairly high, though.
  5. firenity

Brocade MP8000 - 10Gbit switches

We actually have these at work. I had no idea they did 10GbE, as we only use them for FC. Great find, the power consumption is a bummer though.
  6. firenity

D-Link DGS-1510-28X

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/new-dlink-10g-switches.5157/
  7. firenity

Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

For a max of 4 x 10G nodes, the D-Link DGS-1510-28X is probably the cheapest option around. There's already a thread on it here. Goes for around $600 in the US and is even cheaper in Europe - under $400!
  8. firenity

Portable NAS storage for backups

Lots of options.
  9. firenity

New Dlink 10G Switches

Apparently there's another model in this series: DXS-1210-10TS with 8-port 10GBASE-T and 2-port SFP+, which will be a little cheaper than the DXS-1210-12TC. I'm still only interested in the 10-port SFP+ model though, as it would go great with all the Brocade 1020s I bought last year. I did...
  10. firenity

New Dlink 10G Switches

The 10-port SFP+ model sounds interesting. According to the datasheet, power consumption is pretty good: 25.22 W standby, 43.81 W max.
  11. firenity

Brocade 1020 CNA 10GbE PCIe Cards

This should be possible, yes. It doesn't even have to be a ring network though, with three machines you could basically connect each of the nodes to each other (more reliable).
  12. firenity

interesting quanta switch 48x gbe 4x sfp+

Very interesting indeed. I could see myself buying 2 of these - probably the cheapest way of getting 6 x 10G ports (1 port on each switch for 10G uplink). Also, could running OpenFlow on it make it L3 capable?
  13. firenity

Supermicro SC-846E1 Build Log

If you're merely trying to get the PSU noise levels down and don't need the additional power, I think the PWS-920P-1R / PWS-920P-SQ (920W, Platinum) would be an option.
  14. firenity

Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but there are some used LB4Ms (HP branded?) for $ 110 on eBay: HP Quanta Open Source LB4M 48 Port Gigabit Switch Dual SFP 10GB Ports 2X AC PSU | eBay
  15. firenity

Supermicro noise levels

Nice. Will you be doing any noise optimizations?
  16. firenity

Supermicro noise levels

Cool, I'm looking at the 846/847 chassis too. Will you be doing some kind of write-up on it?
  17. firenity

Is the C6100 still worth it?

Maybe I could use the backplane from the 6026TT-TF (moto211's model) in the 6026TT-HDTRF, since both use a 827 chassis? As far as I can, tell the main difference is that one is for hot-swappable nodes and the other one isn't. The non-hot-swap backplane (BPN-SAS-827T) uses 12x standard 7-pin...
  18. firenity

Is the C6100 still worth it?

I found a pretty good picture of the backplane (BPN-SAS-827HD) on eBay: Looks like the 2 nodes plug into those vertical black connectors on each side. So you're pretty much forced to use 6 disks/node, I guess :/.
  19. firenity

Recommended 10gbe host to host (ESXi) setup

The GS1910-24 has no SFP+ ports, the XGS1910-24 however has 2.
  20. firenity

Multiple HBAs or SAS expander for ZFS build

Thanks for digging that up, legen! I assume you were using 2 x L5520? Did you also use the mobo's SAS ports for this?