Search results

1. J

Colocation for mining

Probably one of the largest issues with trying to colo mining rigs is that the customers want everything very cheap to maximize their profit, which is fully understandable. However in most facilities, it is not only the cost to power the machines, you have to also factor in the cooling cost as...
  2. J

Mikrotik

CCR1036-8G-2S+EM or CCR1072-1G-8S+ If you want MikroTik
  3. J

PDU monitored 36 port L5-20

Only ones I know of are going to be 240v. I am confused by your statement of: "There are alot of 24 outlet pdus, but that won't support that many servers" Do all of your machines use dual power supplies and you want to plug each power cable from each power supply into the outlets rather than...
  4. J

Sorry! I am used to APC, where even there "metered" versions have monitoring. I guess that's another good reason to not use Tripp Lite :)
  5. J

Maybe Tripp Lite -- This one does input L5-20P 1.9kW Single Phase Metered PDU 120V Outlets 36 5 15 20R L5 20P 5 20P adapter 0U Vertical 72 in (PDUMV20-72) | Tripp Lite This one does dual input L5-20P on seperate circuits 3.8kW Single Phase Metered PDU Dual Circuit 120V Outlets 32 5 15 20R L5...
  6. J

Is there Cheap/Affordable Colocation?

If anyone is interested, I can help on some special STH co-location pricing at my facility in West Virginia. We have direct fiber to Equinix DC2 in Ashburn, VA. I don't want to plug or post too much as I'm not sure of the exact rules for advertising etc. PM me if you would like some details. I...
  7. J

Zoneminder for IP Camera Control?

The key to CPU performance is to use the cameras to show the overlays, and not use the overlays inside of BlueIris itself, that way it doesn't have to encode. Once you remove the encoding the CPU usage is very low.
  8. J

Zoneminder for IP Camera Control?

BlueIris all the way, ZoneMinder is terrible.
  9. J

Will turning on my rack trip the Circuit Breakers?

Please also keep in mind that there is a 80% NEC electrical code that says if the equipment is in use for more than a 3 hours of continuous usage you can only use 80% of the branch circuit rating. For example, if the circuit you are using is 15A you should only load it to 12A, if it is a 20A...
  10. J

Fun toy for a "kid" - this is awesome

Looks pretty awesome!
  11. J

Plex goes DVR

I set it up last night on my HDHDR-Prime, simple install just plug in the IP of your device and browse thru the program guide and select what you want to record, and what share you want to put it in. The only thing I don't really like at the moment is there is no live tv function, only DVR, but...
  12. J

recommendations for network managed PDU/power outlet strips?

You're probably not going to find anything too much better than what you are currently using for the performance, features and price.
  13. J

Hot swap bay screws: I officially dislike them

I hear you, during manufacturing runs we will build a few hundred servers at a time, and installing screws to hot swap drive trays is the worst. One thing that will help is to at least have a powered screw driver. These guys help out at least a little in terms of time spent: Panasonic...
  14. J

Supermicro HTML5 iKVM arrived

Praise the lord.
  15. J

Supermicro 4U 45 bay JBOD chassis with SAS2 backplanes - $350

I don't see any mention of rails on the listing or in the pictures, so might want to consider that as well
  16. J

Arista Switches?

You should be able to order the twinax cables programmed from a vendor, we typically use www.fiberstore.com and they can pre-program to whatever vendor you may need.
  17. J

Any Cord Cutters / HDHomeRun users here?

Maybe HDHR Viewer | Plex + HDHomeRun is the one you are using as well? I use it to stream from the HDHomerun via CableCard but I am pretty sure it will also work with their OTA devices as well: Supported HDHomeRun HDHomeRun CONNECT/DUAL (HDHR4-2US) HDHomeRun EXTEND/PLUS (HDTC-2US) HDHomeRun...
  18. J

Recomendations for PDU that wont break bank

Generally speaking most facilities will not allow you to do this because of it being questionable to fire codes regulations, depending on what state/county/etc the data center is located in. In most of MD/VA/DC this is not allowed and a fire marshal/inspector could potentially shutdown the...
  19. J

Recomendations for PDU that wont break bank

So you want to daisy-chain to an existing PDU? Generally speaking that is not good practice and most providers/hosts would not allow that type of configuration if I am understanding the question correctly? The host has provided a single C13 port on an existing basic PDU and you want to then...