Search results

1. S

LSI 9270-8i IT mode

It claims to be compatible with PCI Express Spezifikation Revision 3.0 (G42520-002). So even if UEFI wouldn't support management, the card has to boot itself. I'm using this controller for quiet some time in various servers and never had any compatibility issues – most of these servers the...
  2. S

LSI 9270-8i IT mode

Thanks for the hint, already tried that without success unfortunately. If I had more time I'd change the PCI device id just to see if it's black listed – my strong guess. Never had any compatibility issues with that controller… I'd have to find out what device IDs megarec feels responsible for...
  3. S

LSI 9270-8i IT mode

Hello @vanfawx, thanks, I did so. I'd like to share that in the meantime I successfully converted a RMS25PB080 into a M5016. The WebBIOS reports so and subvendorXXXids are changed permanetly with holding valid NVDATA and booting. Unfortunately this didn't chnage the problem with the Intel...
  4. S

LSI 9270-8i IT mode

Hope you don't mind me asking for PM too. Little story/warning about the Intel Server Board M10JNP2SB: Besides the rediculous cut-down to only 3 expansion possibilities (no proprietary PCEe and no 4th slot anymore like my previous RainbowPass), my favourite RMS25PB080 doens't work in that board...