Search results

1. A

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

It is in the worst spot for air flow and the heatsinks are attached to the chips via thermal adhesive. I removed the stacking card to see if the 'Fan controlled temperature' would default to the next-highest temperature but the switch wouldn't boot to completion and I didn't disable stacking...
  2. A

Also why is the stacking card the hottest component in the switch when there's nothing even connected to it? Could this be a case of bad thermal compound?
  3. A

I performed some (non-scientific) sound level tests using a dB meter app on my phone (I don't know how accurate the app is, this is purely for comparative purposes). With the phone two feet from the rear of the switch (again, these tests are not representative of sound levels in any one...
  4. A

Yeah after some more reading it seems people have wildly varying definitions of quiet, especially when it comes to the 6610.
  5. A

I just picked up an ICX6610-24-E (with single Rev C PS and single chassis fan pack) and thanks to the guides written by @fohdeesha I was able to update the bootloader and OS pretty easily. I am noticing that this switch puts out quite a bit of noise (definitely up there with my old LB6M). Though...