Search results

1. R

X10QBI and v3/v4 cpus (e.g. supermicro sys-4048b-trft)

Because there's a setup in which you only use one memory card per CPU and that leaves all PCI-E slots usable (although not for dual-slot cards or such), sacrificing some memory for those. Also, maybe with some very compact and flexible risers you might be able to fit SSDs or something hanging...
  2. R

You don't need to get power for 6/8pin atx pci-e from outside the chassis, the PSUs (or rather, whatever converts those to ATX, since the mobo does use ATX power connectors) have connectors for it. Look for CBL-PWEX-0581. However, none of the manuals detail how many of these can be plugged in...
  3. R

Mine has 4x 4880v2 and 32x 8GB DDR3 DIMMs and while idling in the BIOS it draws 390W according to the IPMI. I'll check draws under different loads a little later and post them here. Noise-wise, it's decently loud even idling. I can hear the hum in the background through my closed headphones...
  4. R

Yes, it should work fine. It might be a little difficult to connect the power to the GPU as you'll probably have to disassemble the entire system to connect the GPU power cable. You will need a CBL-PWEX-0581 cable (or equivalent - it looks very much like standard ATX on the PSU end as well) for...