Search results

1. L

EU WTB: Supermicro CSE-747 Tower Chassis (SQ version)

Hi everyone, I'm currently searching for a CSE-747 SQ chassis (Tower version strongly preferred). In case you have one lying around that you want to get rid off, please shoot me a PM with pictures and your price. Shipping to Germany would be required :)
  2. L

Virtualized pfSense OpenVPN performance tweaking

Welcome to the $1,000,000 question topic :D My OpenVPN install residing on an ESXi 7 host (E5-2695v2, 4C allocated, 8GB RAM) is able to push barely 200Mbps through OpenVPN with Hardware-based VT and IOMMU enabled for the VM. Algorithm is currently AES-128-GCM. Two VMXNET3 NICs are configured...
  3. L

Minio metadata cache hardware advice

Hi everyone, I'm currently planning a Minio instance that shall reside on a TrueNAS host to act as slow capacity tier for a backup infrastructure. The current plan consists of a smaller, faster Tier1 instance for daily snapshots, which then, depending on the job type, will be either dropped...
  4. L

EU Cheap HBA Card 9305-16e and 9300-8e

Most likely Lenovo OEM cards
  5. L

SuperMicro X9 E3 boards - December 31, 2020 BIOS bug

Apparently Supermicro has an inoffical release available: https://box.supermicro.com/index.php/s/3sBEPaLKpg5Msnz PW: Yuk1Lj7R EDIT: for X9SCM/ X9SCL
  6. L

SuperMicro X9 E3 boards - December 31, 2020 BIOS bug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274639700331 Apparently this guy already updated to 2.3a, no clue how, as the support page still only offers 2.3 for download
  7. L

power consumption of single cpu x9 supermicro

+1 on that Have a look at the smaller A2x boards. Alternatively check out the X11SBA-LN4F, should have everything you desire for a FW. The predecessor X10SBA runs with the J1900 and is a bit cheaper, but due to the lack of AES-NI encryption (VPN) is slower. Alternatively check out the APU...
  8. L

power consumption of single cpu x9 supermicro

Hi, I'm using a X9SRW-F for my Veeam server. The board is ~5W, power draw comes mainly from the CPU, RAM, PCIe cards and your storage options.
  9. L

EU FS: QLogic QLE2672 Dual Port 16GBit Fibre Channel HBA 10 GbE NIC SFP+ & Transceiver

Hi everyone, tested 16G FC for a while recently, selling my last QLogic 16G FC HBA / 10GbE CNA adapter. With a switch in the controller firmware you can either set it in 16G FC or 10G mode, so quite flexible. Comes in original plastic box with both brackets and 2x Qlogic AFBR-57F5MZ-QL 16GBit...
  10. L

Supermicro X9/X10/X11 Fan Speed Control

I have a SC836 with three fans connected to the backplane (BPN-SAS2-836EL). Currently they are connected using some wires with a soldered-in resistor, ending on a 3-Pin connector - they are obviously nowhere close to low spinning. my question is, is it possible to control the fans connected to...
  11. L

DDR3 DDR4 RAM price trends thread.

What is a reasonable price nowadays for 64GB PC4-2933Y modules?
  12. L

Need help to further throttle down my firewall hardware

depends on the base OS of your FW. But in principle it is possible, as your BMC is independent of your host OS. Downside of the whole fan speed stuff using ipmitool is that you have to set those values again after every reboot - most ppl do it via cronjobs, check the FreeNAS/TrueNAS forums for...
  13. L

NVMe adapter for 4 drives

They got one issue - they physically range into the "airspace" of your adjacent PCI slot - if you don't have any: good Else, consider this adapter from Gigabyte: CMT4034 (rev. 1.0) Overview | Accessory - GIGABYTE Global It's quite sophisticated, but by now rare to get. Got a couple of them...
  14. L

EU Gone: HPE Samsung PM 1643 15.36TB 12G SAS SSD - 27 Power on Hours, WTB: X10SRL-F

Dedicated IPMI port, airflow, PCIe layout, no audio chip consuming power
  15. L

Need help to further throttle down my firewall hardware

You can always set the thresholds of the fanspeeds using ipmitool Check the resources here
  16. L

EU Gone: HPE Samsung PM 1643 15.36TB 12G SAS SSD - 27 Power on Hours, WTB: X10SRL-F

Get yourself an early christmas treat ;) Price further reduced, happy to hear your offers in case you still perceive it as overpriced