Search results

1. M

3d printable 2.5" nvme holder/funnel for mounting on 120mm fan holes

had this made after issues with hot enterprise nvmes in workstations. this helps with both mounting and airflow for me, most cases these days have no or little airflow over the disks which is fine except for these high end heaters! in case anyone else have ran into the same issue...
  2. M

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

This whole thread is about the overclocking tool for these ES/QS cpus. so yes to have it run faster you need to use the OC tool found in this thread, theres both a windows and linux version(linux one abit finickier to use) you wont damage the cpu by setting tdps higher, there are limits in the...
  3. M

theres a few different settings to play around with, a lot of it documented here https://www.amd.com/content/dam/amd/en/documents/epyc-technical-docs/tuning-guides/2019-amd-epyc-7002-tg-bios-workload-56745_0_80.pdf also depending on cooling, VRM temps are gonna be the limiting factor, if its in...
  4. M

Supermicro H13SSL-N and fans oscillating between low and high speed

the solutions above should work fine had to do that myself in the past. iam surprised they havnt fixed this yet and added fan curves like other vendors have even on their server boards. curious how the QS cpu is running, max clocks single core and all core? iam considering the same cpu for my...
  5. M

Safe temperatures for EPYC cpus

epyc cpus especially the 7742 run really cool, unless you have really inadequate cooling the vrm will more likely overheat before the cpus themselves.
  6. M

4x NVMe U.2 Gen4 Caddy; Icy Dock MB699VP-B V2 or similar, available?

there are exceptions, i have a samsung 1735 u.3 drive that specifically says u.3 only, and dosnt work with my u.2 cables or in the dock. btw its annoying that all these docks suddenly doubled in price. they where are around 200$ before. i guess they couldnt produce them fast enough for the demand.
  7. M

MZ72-HBO and EPYC 7313 -temp and fan curves

ive had issues connecting to the bmc from the same pc someotimes, works fine from another one pc, i think it runs it over the same eth port depending on your setup/cabling. the temp looks like an error, these cpus usually run pretty cool, fan curve in bmc is good though i would just adjust it to...
  8. M

Those HGST 3.84Tb SN260 drives and Cisco firmware...

nice work, maybe upload the modded fw if anyone needs it in the future
  9. M

i would try with zenstates-rome for linux and see if you can look up the values first to see if it uses the same commands. theres an --smu-test-message command to test sending smu commands https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?attachments/zenstates-rome-es-zip.14971/
  10. M

Gigabyte MZ72-HB0 rev. 4.0

Never seen that, try update BMC maybe. What happens on boot, does fan spin up? Do you see cpu and memory in inventory? And are you getting sensor temps etc?
  11. M

Epyc 7b13 + supermicro motherboard

hows the cpuz single core score on these?
  12. M

On Rome if I played around with settings I would often hit a point where performance went to 50% and I had to reboot to get back to 100%. Like it would just lock itself into low perf. On another note I see there's epyc Genoa es chips on eBay now, anyone given those a go?
  13. M

Have you looked at the ipmi sensors assume there's vrm temps there, at least there was on the supermicro and gigabyte boards I've used.
  14. M

Yes it doesnt scale linearly up to 256threads how's your vrm temps?
  15. M

You need to dig deeper into the AMD cbs bios menus where you find those other settings.
  16. M

Try to hit stock all core Freq first, think it's around 2.8 2.9 during cinebench. Also set the bios to power mode, not performance ( yes power is faster) and power target to max or put in 300w. do you have all channels populated? It's also possible the Milan es are just weaker than retail...
  17. M

you scores seems low, especially low unmodded, might need some bios tweaks. what are the clocks stock during all core load, i assume the ES is running lower than Retail, since they easily hit 110k+ on the retail launch. i cant comment on exact settings for milan, didnt know it even worked for...
  18. M

Storaxa kickstarter - an interesting small NAS

this guy must be part of the kickstarter, who asks questions like that lol. Its a ****ing kickstarter by a random company that hasnt delivered anything for a too good to be true price. Guy is wearing a face mask in the introduction video. in the off chance they actually deliver anything you...
  19. M

Current Games that can take advantage of Dual CPUs?

no single game will run better on dual cpus, all you want for that is high clocks/ipc and 8-16cores if you for example game and stream than you could make use of the 2nd cpu for the streaming part. or if you do anything else cpu intensive for some reason while gaming.
  20. M

Storaxa kickstarter - an interesting small NAS

so even more expensive if its aluminium custom design, with 4x m.2 connectors and adapters, 5x sata 5x sata power etc. also the board linked dosnt have usb 3.1 on back ports, nor internal headers for usb 3.2, so must be a custom board, a PCIE switch chip to do 1 u.2 to 4 m.2.