Search results

1. W

Future-proofing m.2 SATA

That's interesting. I didn't know about these. They seem hard to find in the UK and show up only as msata in ebay. I am back to my immortal T610 until I get physical access to replace the ssd :) Is the T640 worth it? They are still quite expensive
  2. W

Future-proofing m.2 SATA

I had been running a HP Thin Client T630 for 6 months as a server for 6 months and as I was browsing for a faster SSD for it during Amazon's Prime Day, it's stock ssd died. The same afternoon! Long story short - it's in a remote location to me so I learned my lesson of always running in a VM...
  3. W

HP Thin client T630 limited ram speeds

I have a t630 with a single 4gb 2666mhz ram module. I bought an 8gb 2666mhz one to supplement it and noticed they are both running at 1866 mhz and 1.5v instead of 1.2v which is the norm for ddr4. The specs sheet does say up to 1866mhz but in my experience usually these are just values available...
  4. W

Does HP Thin Client T630 support NVMe?

Thanks bashNinja, I will stick to SATA as well.
  5. W

The seller said he is not sure whether the bus supports NVMe but claims that's how they came from HP
  6. W

I am afraid it doesn't really say whether the storage bays are SATA or NVMe. That's why I was hoping to hear if somebody has actually tested it
  7. W

I have a Thin Client T630 which I want to use as a web server, so I was wondering what ssd to buy for it. Does it support NVMe or is it only SATA? Is there a way to find out before buying one?