Search results

1. H

napp-it gui failing to start after updating OmniOS to r151038 LTS

Gea, I am running through the instructions for Apache 2.4, I get stopped at I do not seem to have the apache folder in /var/web-gui/data/tools I have done a fresh install of OmniOS r151040q and run the `wget -O - www.napp-it.org/nappit | perl` installer 3 times now with reboots in between...
  2. H

napp-it gui failing to start after updating OmniOS to r151038 LTS

I am running across this issue as well with OmniOs r151040q. I ran the link commands from the post above which was able to get me back into the http interface, but https is still not possible. Re-running the napp-it installer still nets this log error about the SSL site: /etc/init.d/napp-it...
  3. H

Building the Improbable Hyper-Converged NAS with the Silverstone CS01-HS

@Patrick I apologize for missing it in the article. I was hoping there was a unicorn magic 4TB SSD part number that I missed out on somehow.
  4. H

Building the Improbable Hyper-Converged NAS with the Silverstone CS01-HS

@Patrick in the article you list that those are 4TB Seagate SSDs. They look like hard drives to be based on the pic. Are you using these units? https://www.seagate.com/www-content/product-content/barracuda-fam/barracuda-new/files/barracuda-2-5-ds1907-1-1609us.pdf If they are SSDs, can you...
  5. H

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

Long time member , very infrequent poster looking to get into the pool if there is still room. Have 2 R620s with E5-2690 v3 and a 1070 I can add into the mix if you think that would work. Just now reading about the docker stuff, sounds like a good reason to learn something new.
  6. H

Home server for Ubiquiti controller

Do this. I have moved all of my cloud controllers to Ubuntu or Debian and they have been much easier to update and FAR more stable than running it in Windows. Stay away from Windows if you can, or get the cloud key like pyro_ mentioned.
  7. H

Mellanox ConnectX-2 not supported on new OmniOS HCL

As far as I know, there is no way to have a transceiver that would support the myriad of connection options for 10Gb. You need options for singlemode fiber, a few for the different wavelengths of multimode fiber, direct attach copper, etc. (not sure what else is out there). If you want...
  8. H

Sanity check on all flash ZFS build. Solaris 11.2, SuperMicro chassis, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSDs...

I keep forgetting about the enterprise offerings from Samsung. We have had good luck with the 850 Pro and the price difference is significant enough for us to consider using it over the SM863. However I may put a note out to a few of our VARs to see what pricing on the SM863 is now. The extra...
  9. H

Sanity check on all flash ZFS build. Solaris 11.2, SuperMicro chassis, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSDs...

Why not nfs? We had iscsi Luns to start but found nfs performance on par as well as easier to manage.
  10. H

Posting for a quick sanity check for a build we are thinking about doing for a bulk of our production VMs to run on. We have had a similar build running for over a year which hosts all of our VDI VMs through NFS storage on Soalris 11.2 with napp-it Pro. SUPERMICRO 2027R-AR24NV Chassis...
  11. H

New switch

I have had trouble finding them on eBay with the 10Gb license installed. Most sellers see that the ports are 10Gb CAPABLE but don't fully understand that the 10Gb option is on demand and is not a standard feature. I am pretty sure that if you contact a Brocade used seller, they could sell you...
  12. H

New switch

Have you checked around for used Brocade ICX 6610 units? They have 8 - 1Gb ports that can be upgraded to 10Gb with a license. We usually get the PoE versions for around $1500 here in the states, lightly used. Quick eBay.co.UK search showed the non PoE seem to be going for under a grand (in...