Search results

1. I

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

In my opinion, if you want something robust, but don't want to be bothered, go buy something from Ubiquiti. This route was pretty good in that it was much cheaper and there's definitely satisfaction in getting it to all work! YMMV.
  2. I

Got'cha. I was hoping not to have to bother anyone--or at least to find a guide on how to do it with a license first before I bothered. Thank you though for letting me know that is the route to take! Much obliged!
  3. I

Sorry to sound dense, but I truly don't see it. It seems to require licensing, but other than that, I see no mention on the front page or the config guide on how to coax the other two ports into 10Gbps mode, though I fully admit I may have overlooked it.
  4. I

I have a ICX 6450-48P and I was hoping to enable the other two SFP+ ports for 10Gbps operation. Is this possible and, if so, what steps need to be taken?
  5. I

I did have to first resort to (more-or-less) following your instructions provided here because the bootloader and firmware were so old (circa 2012). After that, I was able to follow the guide! Thanks!
  6. I

I did! Thanks for pointing it out!
  7. I

Right. The first few posts provided a good hardware primer. I was just looking for something perhaps a bit more accessible than the manuals in order to get the basics up and running.
  8. I

I just bought a ICX6450-48P. Is there any sort of good 'getting started' guide out there? I just want to run it as a Level 2 switch with POE.