Search results

1. N

Storage Technology History

Hi All, This may not be the right place to ask, and if it is not please let me know, but what exactly is the state of current storage technology? By this I mean that from my previous labs and builds I can see that HBA -> large arrays of SATA / SAS drives are clearly still being manufactured...
  2. N

3.84 TB SSD Advice

I just read about that in that Samsung 174x thread. It occurred to me that the vendors might try some kind of lock in (worked in the industry too long to not expect that). Have to admit, I'm probably going for Intel dc-s4500s because of that. I'm usually confident of messing with stuff if...
  3. N

3.84 TB SSD Advice

Hi, I've been reading a lot of the reviews here, storagereview, and the usuals. What I'm struggling to do is compare things like the Samsung 863 / Samsung 863a with say a WD red SSD or an ironwolf 110, or the qvos etc. I know that these are all different use cases, and this is more for a home...
  4. N

48 Drive 4U Chassis: IBM Slicestor 3448 aka Chenbro RM43348

Not sure if anyone is interested, but it turns out there is an issue with the CSE-PTJBOD-CB2. I'm not sure if it's just mine or a more general one (as i tested this board in a supermicro product and it worked fine). I purchased CSE-PTJBOD-CB3, and it worked perfectly with the 9 pin for...
  5. N

I've tried pin 9 with all possible combinations of the rest, no dice (that was my first thought too)
  6. N

Hi, I just started putting one of these together, and I had an old Supermicro CSE-PTJBOD-CB2 that i was hoping to get working here so I could use it as an expansion chassis. However, from reading the chenbro manuals and the comments here there appears to only be a PWR Button N connector. I...