Search results

1. C

Patching Intel X520 EEPROM to unlock all SFP+ transceivers

Just followed this guide for my Supermicro AOC-STGN-I2S Rev 2.0 (Intel X520-DA2). Works perfectly now with "non-supported" SFPs. I have both supported and non-supported. Now the card will accept everything without complaining and shutting down the port. The original post matched my card...
  2. C

Canada GTA only - 48U Racks - 5 Left - $300CAD

If anyone is interested in 48U rack... there are 5 left. I bought a 24u rack from this guy and its great! The 24u racks are all gone... however, he's got 5 - 48u racks left. Fully enclosed rack on castors (double check with him), but that's how mine was. See this Kijiji ad for his contact...
  3. C

Canada [WTB] Supermicro MCP-290-00053-0N & CSE-PT8L- GTA

Hi! Looking to pickup a Supermicro rail kit MCP-290-00053-0N for my CSE-825 and a CSE-PT8L rail kit for my CSE-512. Does anyone have any they'd like to get rid of? I'd prefer the GTA for local pickup...save on some shipping...but I would be will to pay to have them shipped to me. Happy to paypal.
  4. C

How to update the firmware for IBM SATA&SAS drives

Hi, I've been googling this question for a few hours now...and just can't seem to find a straightforward answer. I have several IBM branded drives... I believe they're all Seagates... ST3000NM0033 - SATA ST4000NM0033 x 2 - SATA ST6000NM0014 - SAS All running on a Supermicro server. Does...