Search results

1. P

How to make the most of a 1.15Gbps (Gig1) Virgin Media ISP

Quick update: Built a PC, installed Ubuntu and set up a VM with pfsense. In the PC I installed a 4x1GB lan and a 10GB lan card. I routed a 10GB lan line to my main PC. As above, I used two of the SH4 lan lines and bonded them (in pfsense you combine two WAN's and send all LAN traffic via the new...
  2. P

Quick update: Instead of doing the above, in the first instance I need to understand how 'bonding rr' works using two of the gigabit lans from the SH4. I happen to have a 'spare' barebones PC with an i7-8700 which I'll attempt to convert to a server. So I'll install a 4 gigabit lan card (Intel...
  3. P

ATM I have a dedicated ASUS RT-AC5300 connected to the SH4 (via 1 Gig Lan) and an ASUS RT-AC88U in media mode connect to the 5300 on the 5GHz, 80MHz band and then the my main PC connected to the AC88U via gig lan. Although the router is telling me that I'm connected to the 5300 at around 1500...
  4. P

ChuckMountain: Just run into this problem myself and stumbled onto your thread. I don't quite understand how you're able to bond 2 LAN's from the SH4 on the Mikrotik router without the SH4 supporting LACP. By bonding, do you mean something like LAGG Load Balance on pfsense? Could you please...