Search results

1. A

XCP-ng installation and setup hell

that may be an xcp-ng center artifact.
  2. A

That is probably old as the official documentation says it formats ext4. https://docs.xcp-ng.org/storage/ A local SR is using a disk or a partition of your local disk, to create a space for your VM disks. Local LVM will use logical volumes, whereas Local EXT will create an ext4 filesystem and...
  3. A

The only time I use xe is when something is really broken. xcp-ng does have a forum and the support is pretty good there as well. https://xcp-ng.org/forum/
  4. A

How serious is it, or rather, the workaround has any negative implications? From the documentation: However pf in FreeBSD does not handle them correctly and will drop them, leading to broken performance. The solution is to simply turn off checksum-offload on the virtual xen interfaces for...
  5. A

Here is a script to help you build Xen Orchestra. XenOrchestraInstallerUpdater I use this for my setup. Works great.
  6. A

The underlying OS is freebsd.
  7. A

It's only required for freebsd.
  8. A

From the documentation: Now is the most important step: we must disable TX checksum offload on the virtual xen interfaces of the VM. This is because network traffic between VMs in a hypervisor is not populated with a typical Ethernet checksum, since they only traverse server memory and never...
  9. A

Your desired configuration makes it difficult. To built xen orchestra you need Internet access. Which you don't appear to have. You probably need to build pfsense first, however it easier to config using xen orchestra. In the xcp-ng documentation it tells you how to configure the nics...
  10. A

This GoWin R86S Pro is an Everything Revolution with 25GbE and 2.5GbE

They are sure getting close to nirvana here. Did you test the COM port?
  11. A

Do you take this seat?

Nope.
  12. A

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

I have a supermicro cse-826 case free to a good home. I no longer need it cause it won't power a dual CPU system (final straw for me) Originally it had a TQ back plane. Wouldn't take another back plane with out more modifications. I still have the TQ backplane. Dual power supplies.fans are 3 pin...
  13. A

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

For those who like to collect old hardware. I have the following available: 2 Poweredge 1550 with drive sleds. 2gb of ram. SCSI PERC onboard. 1 Powerconnect switch (10/100 only).
  14. A

Give away: 4u Norco 24 bay case

Norco RPC-4224. Purchased in 2011. The case has a couple of fans, 500 watt supply, 4 SFF-8087 to SFF-8087 and 2 SFF-8087 to Sata reverse break out cable. 21 complete drive sleds. 2 with broken handles but useable. 1 missing. It had been idle for about 6 or 7 years. It is just what you see...
  15. A

Give away: 4u Norco 24 bay case

This thing has been sitting around my house for a couple of years. I have no plans to ever use it. I used it for a couple of months several years ago. I have most of the drive holders. This thing is heavy. It is free to whom ever wants it otherwise I'm teashing it. Clearing space in the office...
  16. A

IPMI Viewer KVM Console Color issue

The X10 board is using 1.69.27.
  17. A

IPMI Viewer KVM Console Color issue

I am having the issue as well. With the X9 boards with Windows and XCP-NG. On the X10 it is running XCP-NG the colors look fine. I noticed that as well. When I used 1.69.21 the issue went away on the X9 boards. Welcome to Java :) To download the jar file you need to add a few things to the...
  18. A

Is there a way to make Supermicro JBOD enclosures power on/off with the main server?

What is the jbod3 board? Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk