Search results

1. N

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

This is it! This is exactly the problem I'm having with my 6450-48 non PoE. The sound is amplified much more once the case lid is on and that noise is maddening. I wish I had thought about the cap mod, but I already ordered a Noctua A4x20 PWM (they were out of FLX and I didn't care I've...
  2. N

I completely understand it is going to be louder than the desktops and we have about 30 pizza boxes at work so I know their sound really well. For a home office it's more of a quality vs quantity of noise issue. The MB40201V3 was pushing about as much air on high speed as the MB40201VX is on...
  3. N

There are loud resonant frequencies happening with the MB40201VX that didn't happen with the MB40201V3 when set to low speed mode. Sounds like multiple frequencies mixed together, like a dial tone but pitched up a bit. You can't hear it in the high speed mode since it is masked by the loud...
  4. N

MB40201VX arrived today. Swapped it out and it's about the same noise level and feels about the same airflow as the stock fan. Overall it is a tad bit quieter since there was some sort of a bad bearing noise on the stock fan. However, the switch still isn't lowering the fan speed on boot...
  5. N

Power supply 1 (NA - AC - Regular) present, status ok Power supply 2 not present Fan ok, speed (auto): [[1]]<->2 Fan speed switching temperature thresholds: 1 -> 2 @ 69 deg-C 1 <- 2 @ 64 deg-C Sensor B Temperature Readings: Current temperature : 51.0 deg-C Sensor A...
  6. N

Do you mind taking a look at my post on the previous page about my temps? The office it is in tends to run hot in the evening and the temps on the 6450 seem to be really hot for me. I tried both types of Sunon fans that have been mentioned here and both perform about the same (considering they...
  7. N

Do you mind posting some more pics / details on how you did this? I've got a 6450-48 swapped with a Sunon that is running super hot even with the fan on high. Under the original stock fan it would switch to low speed at boot but with the new fan it stays on high at all times and is fairly loud.
  8. N

I just replaced the stock fan in a 6450-48 non PoE with a Sunon MB40201V3-000U-G99 and I am a bit concerned about heat. The ambient temperature of the room is around 75 F right now and with the fan running on high from the dd set_pwrfan_high command I am getting the following temps. Power...
  9. N

Brocade ICX-6450-48p $95+ shipping or less

Did anyone else buy one of these switches? I put an offer in and put in the message that it was for a P model exclusively. Seller shipped me a non PoE one. Also they shipped it in something the size of a pizza box with only one thin layer of bubble wrap that the switch barely fit into. Rack ears...
  10. N

[FS][US-GA] Brocade ICX6610-48P

I'm interested if you'd be willing to ship to Los Angeles. Let me know the cost of shipping plus Paypal Goods and Services fee.