Search results

1. R

Mellanox sx6036 firmware upgrade

You probably need to install a bunch of intermediate versions, there should be a list here somewhere.
  2. R

Great Deals - expired deals on-going discussion

Option3: Thread openers could properly mark their deals as "Expired" ?:)
  3. R

UK FS : Supermicro frankenstein / unicorn machines to make space

There's some nice gear in there. Too bad that shipping will be prohibitive, but I am sure you'll find enough UK folks to pick you clean :) Good luck.
  4. R

EUR 40 Super Micro 4-Port 10GBE SFP+ NIC

Seller also has a lot of other nice items, like PWS-920P-SQs €25 or Gigabyte Epyc Servers 7002 (€750). Located in France.
  5. R

VMs inaccessible by hostname after doing changes to network

So DHCP not updating DNS after all. The lower one is the actual culprit in your case (since you dont do DHCP leases, only static mappings). Glad you got it working
  6. R

have you set domain name server (DNS) and default gw? probably in dhcp server to promote to all boxes? or in network config on each box? also that seems as if it does not auto attach a default search domain (.lan) also is dhcp updating your dns? or have you set static dns entries?
  7. R

any client will do try short name, long name1,2 and ip so nslookup skladiste nslookup skladiste.local nslookup skladiste.lan nslookup 192.168.0.7
  8. R

Ok, so you have DHCP reservations for each host, now i understand that. And in the DHCP config you also set the domain name to .lan? dig/nslookup are meant to see what the DNS is actually finding for your IP addresses to name or Name to IP adresss resolution similar to your ping attempt where...
  9. R

dig is a command on linux. as is nslookup (and also on windows) - looks up names from ips or vice versa short name is the hostname without domain long name is the fqdn (fully qualified domain name, ie. host.domain....) Previously you used DHCP which sets values, now you have static IPs...
  10. R

so what happens if u run nslookup or dig on short or long name? skladiste seems to think its domain is .local, so that does not seem to be set correctly (usually in /etc/hosts) IP address hostname [hostalias]... 192.168.0.7 skladiste skladiste.lan Edit: if you used DHCP you would...
  11. R

I mean rebooted the switch so it would unlearn the old mappings. How you set the domain name to .lan? I assume u don't have a domain controller running? So you just assume its .lan? Or you set a fqdn (skladiste.lan) on each host with in the ethernet config? And then added that name to DNS on...
  12. R

Whyever u use a /22 with no networking experience and 6 hosts;) But thats not the issue U booted the switch (toclear the arp cache?) Whats your new DNS, DHCP default gw? Are you using host files?
  13. R

SFP-10G-T for Mellanox?

U sure those work in cards? I've ever only seen them on the switch end. Also the MCX4121A-ACAT is a 25g card - u forced it to 10g?
  14. R

(SOLD) [EU] FS: LENOVO THINKSERVER SR650V1 WITH 24 SATA HD's

Picked up the SR650 from @ftg888 Server is as described, lots of free add on articles (extra drive, nvme backplane+cables), great price. Very nice contact, called me right away to discuss everything. Was happy to take half as advance until I received and validated everything. Highly recommended :)
  15. R

EU EU - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

Nice. But you might want to move this to a separate thread given the situation. Just open one for UK and ping Patrick to get it pinned:)
  16. R

what nas drive types bottleneck at which ethernet speeds?

Not on 4k random writes;) But yes a 10G link has a max throughput of 1250MB/s, so you wouldn't need 20 times 500 MB/s to saturate it (assuming all 20 would provide throughput and not only a few which depends on storage layout etc pp. But not the topic here).
  17. R

what nas drive types bottleneck at which ethernet speeds?

Just bear in mind that no drive provides its max performance all the time. It's very much a matter of the activity you're performing (which is why everybody asked for the use case). You're now looking at theoretical values which you will not see in reality. (key words: network latency...
  18. R

EXPIRED Intel Optane P4800X 750GB HHHL AIC

Its a Ebay GSP design problem, happens on almost all business seller items from the UK. In the past you could reclaim UK VAT directly, not sure that option still exists...https://www.gov.uk/vat-repayments Maybe they reply to inquiries?
  19. R

(SOLD) [EU] FS: LENOVO THINKSERVER SR650V1 WITH 24 SATA HD's

Thats 100W power draw for 24 drives? Nice. Very temptiing