Search results

1. A

Cost effective MFP Duplex Color Laser Printer - Ongoing toner costs

Hi all I am in the market for a cost effective solution for an MFP color laser printer with copy, scan and duplex function + wifi. THere are many in the market right now but the ongoing costs are a rip off. The toner costs are stupid and in my opinion not worth it. I am happy to buy a used one...
  2. A

SYSTEM WONT BOOT, FANS RUN SLOW AND THEN FAST CONTINOUSLY BUT NO BOOT

I am suddenly having some major issues with my unraid build and seriously thinking about changing the components from AMD to intel. Anyhoo, thats a subject for another thread. Currently the system is powered on and does not boot or post but and the fans are running slow and then fast. They are...
  3. A

At wits end with Mellanox Connect-x3 windows 10, no valid ip config

A sine sunny day, this nic desicded to assign itself IPs outside the network and does not connect to the DHCP anymore. Even after manually assigning an IP address, it does not connect. I dont know what caused this or how to fix this. I have reinstalled the Connect X 3 VPI drivers and also reset...
  4. A

Help buying rtx 3080

I know weird question in these times Any ideas on where I can buy a new msrp 3080 in the US? I just need to learn some tricks on how to source one. I can see places please vest buy have them listed for $699 but sold out. Are you guys putting bots on certain pages? Is there a website where I...
  5. A

Monster Unraid build, probably overkill, but hear me out

Current setup I have a very competent over-specced PC being seriously underused. Ryzen 9 3950X ROG-Strix X570 F-Gaming mobo 64GB DDR4 Asus NVidia 1080Ti 2TB PCI gen 4 NVME Custom water block etc etc with 3 radiators sitting inside PHANTEKS PH-ES518XTG_DBK01 1200w Revolt X Platinum PSU...
  6. A

Need help with updating SAS drivers in Unraid on my ASRock D1541D4U-2T8R

I have been trying to update the SAS3008 firmware on this as advised on Unraid forums, but no one knows how to do it for this mobo. Does anyone have any experience with this? I just need a step my step. I could not located the drivers on the broadcom site either.. nothing that matches SAS3008...
  7. A

Interesting requirement for AIO Unraid, VM, Docker, WIndows, Ubuntu..

Hi guys, apologies for the long post, but I want to provide a full picture to get the best possible advice. In my research phase right now, and unfortunately I have already been trigger happy with a few components which I am regretting. I currently have a number of PCs running doing a...
  8. A

£2.5k budget for a beast machine.. recommendations request

Hi guys I am a content creator and have other power-hungry apps using up my 7700k right now. I also run 4K plex streams around the house and also have 9 4k IP cameras running with blue iris all on one PC. The PC is struggling to keep up with anything these days let alone video rendering. The...
  9. A

Advice used enterprise switch for POE cameras and wifi ACs

I have a bit of a wish list and I am totally clueless on which things to pay attention to. I intend to use the switch for 4 PCs, 9 POE cameras, 3 wifi ACs and loads of wired peripherals such as smart light hubs, automation hubs etc. I'd like to go for 48 ports to ensure I dont need to worry...