Search results

1. P

40GbE card appears capped at 14Gbps

If by "ping" you mean simply pinging from Windows and moving data, yep works without an issue. Windows side is giving me the same results with 9000 and 9014. However, a Chelsio T580 LP-CR that I have around only has set options for Jumbo Packets at 4088 or 9014, for what it's worth. Chelsio set...
  2. P

Ah that's quite a bummer. Perhaps NFS can give slightly better numbers though. Running into this issue with any file larger than ~1 MB. Any thoughts? Enabled NFS client on windows and set UID/GID to 0 (root).
  3. P

Thanks for the reply. It turns out updating the firmware and running iPerf gives much better results. However, Windows SMB continue to tank. I believe enabling RDMA might be a solution - did this on Windows side already, any ideas how to go about it on FreeNAS side?
  4. P

I've only transferred files back and forth via an SMB share through Windows Explorer. The 14Gb/s cap applies both ways, yes. I'm unfamiliar with running iperf through FreeNAS, though looking into it.
  5. P

Hey, back down the rabbit hole of "how to use mellanox cards with 0 linux knowledge" d:^) I currently have a pair of CX314A (Connect X-3)(40GbE Ethernet Only) connected over SR4 transceivers[Mellanox 40G QSFP+ MC2210411-SR4 Transceiver Module] and OM4 MMF (12 strand) [3m (10ft) 12-Fiber OM4...