Search results

1. M

Tyan Motherboard fails to POST

So this is strange... I grabbed another power supply from work and my board fired right up! The power supply I had been using I know to be good since it was working before I unplugged it. It is however fairly old, are newer power supplies "programmable" from the motherboard? So now that I'm...
  2. M

Different MB rev I compared the picture of the motherboard in the review to mine and they're different. The picture has a jumper beside the pcie 8x slot, between the cap and the pins labeled JP4. I just have some solder marks. What else is different between the review board and the shipping...
  3. M

Good catch, but I'm still not working. I checked all the jumpers and they're default, the jumper is on the triangle and the next pin. Man that Tyan manual is terrible. What's the difference between jumper JP5 - ME recover function set, and JP7 - ME update function set. What does ME stand for...
  4. M

I'd like to add my 2 cents as well. I just got my MB today (from newegg) and it does the same thing. CPU fan powers on for a split second then turns off. This on/off cycle continues indefinetly (or at least 5 minutes). The IPMI interface does work. I tried 2 different power supplies, with and...