Search results

1. W

MELLANOX MNPA19 XTR ConnectX®-2

Thanks for clarifying my question. :) I had some doubt about Mellanox old CX2 and CX3 card can supports new standard 2.5Gb + 5Gb speed. I am thinking buying this super cheap 2.5bp + 10Gbp switches, introduced by Patrick: NEW Sub $69 Fanless 2.5GbE Switches with 10GbE Just 1 more question...
  2. W

If the PC is jammed pack with wires, then airflow will definitely suffer. Unless you the wires are hide underneath the motherboard. This card are designed to fit into server board, where loud fans are installed to deal with air flow pulling from the front and blow to the back. However, my take...
  3. W

Here this what I found CX3 cards, but not sure about CX4 though:
  4. W

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, Connectx 4 option is out of my budget, I looked up the card at ebay.com and aliexpress.com, all listings are selling dual ports, not single port. On top of that, it does not come like a kit, which include an used DAC cable. Hence, I need to fork out a lot...
  5. W

Ok, thanks, I found this information.
  6. W

Ok noted. Any model which has a single SPF+ port that you can recommend?
  7. W

Yes all electronic components are subject to hardware failures. I am sure Mellanox card were made to be durable product for their client like Nvidia before Mellanox was acquired by Nvidia.
  8. W

Thanks. I was hoping that you recommend it. :) Which model is it do you recommend? Are you referring to Mellanox CX4121A MCX4121A-ACAT ConnectX-4 25Gigabit Ethernet Card PCI-E 3.0 ? I think, it is way too overkill. The reason I choose this card is........ My old motherboard has 2 slots of...
  9. W

Hi guys, I need some advice, I came across this interesting Youtube video about 10GB peer-to-peer networking I am very new to the world of SFP+ networking, definitely a beginner here. Yes, these cards are like dinosaurs, but are they worth buying in 2023-2024, as they are affordable to buy in...
  10. W

HP 561FLR-T dual 10GB Ethernet (Intel X540)

As I dug more information about this card over the past few days, I just noticed this card is not multi-gigabit supported. It can only supports either 1Gbps or 10Gbps or the old speed 100 Mbps...
  11. W

HP 561FLR-T dual 10GB Ethernet (Intel X540)

Hi, I am thinking about upgrading my unRAID server with a dual 10GB nic HP adapter. Just want some advice about this network card from HPE Ethernet 10Gb 2-port 561FLR-T Adapter Apparently according to spec: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c03897279&docLocale=en_US It is...
  12. W

Fake IBM Pro/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter

:) I guess there is no concrete way to find the real thing. Yup, I bought it from a vendor who sells decommissioned HP and Dell enterprise hardware online. But could not figure out, if it was a real or defective card. What led me to believe it was a FAKE card was, the printing: Intel registered...
  13. W

Thanks for uploading & sharing out the pictures of your NICs. Yup you could be right. BTW, all your cards are working fine, right?
  14. W

Hmmm....don't think so, I can see the Intel logo has got a small "R" printed. But I can see the word "China" printed, it could be a reburnished one, but not 100% sure. If it is not working, it is fake, that is for sure. Any hologram sticker at the back?
  15. W

Hi all, I just want to inform everyone to be careful about buying fake Intel-based network cards. Here are some photos for everyone to check for the telltale signs that the card is fake. I did not buy these two cards from eBay; I bought them locally from an online platform. I did not notice...
  16. W

Winyao Network adapters

@RTM Hi, thanks for your reply again. I still don't understand. Sorry, I may be a dumb noob. Why is it this: eBay Seller-compeve_corp may be selling "fake" cards compared to this: eBay seller-andersontech_solutions because the latter has great positive feedback, that is, 100% (zero negative...
  17. W

Winyao Network adapters

Thanks for the recommendation, unfortunately, I am not based in EU countries. So, my budget is a bit tight. Actually my application is for Windows usage, I can simply buy a cheap Tp-Link Realtek chip-based NIC will suffice. However, I am thinking of long term investment here, so I am thinking of...
  18. W

Winyao Network adapters

Hi, I just want some recommendations about Winyao branded Network adapters: Winyao E574T Network adpater or the 2.5Gb version: I225-T1 | Intel Original I225-T1 | Compufox.com Anyone use them for their servers? What are your thoughts about Winyao NICs, Can you share your experience? Winyao uses...
  19. W

WD purple - can it be used for data storage? Yes or No

Yes money is an issue, and it is real waste of money when I have the purple drives lying around, doing nothing, except gathering dust and eventually end up in the dump. I don't mind the purple drive is running at 5400 rpm.:)