Search results

1. RandyC

vSphere 6.5 released.

VMware Announces General Availability of vSphere 6.5 - VMware vSphere Blog
  2. RandyC

Dell C6100 used for openstack cluster.

I have a C6100 that I want to setup with Openstack. The only decision holding me back right now is HDD / SSD choice. Should I get some inexpensive 2TB HGST drives that have been dumped on ebay recently? Or should I get 8 Intel DC S3500 drives? (Or should I get a mix of both?) Does anyone one...
  3. RandyC

Intel NUC NUC5i5RYH, 16GB RAM, and SanDisk Z400s 256GB SSD. - $377

If anyone is looking for a NUC this is a really good deal. Use promo code EMCKKNR49 for the extra savings. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2591718 I am not sure if I should jump on this or wait it out for the new Skylake NUCs. This would make a great low...
  4. RandyC

So this is where all of the Xeon D servers went.

I was looking for pricing on dedicated hosting and came across this. HOSTING Dedicated servers | Dedicated Servers - OVH $69 a month for a xeon D-1520 with 32GB of RAM and 2x2TB disks. I need to do the math to figure out how long it would take to equal buying that setup outright.
  5. RandyC

Original ECS Liva 32GB eMMC and 2GB RAM - $79 on newegg.

These have been mentioned here before, but this is the cheapest I have ever seen these. I use one for my ssh admin server, and the other for testing Windows 10 and Linux distros. Black ECS LIVA 2GB DDR3L RAM installed 32GB eMMC Storage - Newegg.com I can't figure out how to install Ubuntu...
  6. RandyC

HP V1910-48G Layer 3 switch - $175 OBO

HP 3Com JE009A 2952 V1910 48g 3CRBSG5293 Layer 3 Ethernet Switch 48 GB Ethernet | eBay I Asked for $135, and they countered with $150, which I accepted. This should be MUCH quieter than my Nortel Baystack 5520-48T.