Search results

1. M

EU UK Supermicro X11SSL-F & X11DPH-i

Ordered one last week, received it yesterday. Seems that I am less lucky than you guys - the board does not boot (I can see some things being initialized but at some point it displays a Supermicro logo and doesn't continue), I am unable to enter the BIOS, and I cannot access the IPMI for...
  2. M

HP H240 (SAS3 HBA) 30 GBP from EU seller / 34 USD from US seller

Tested this one in a whitebox, it works without any hassle on Debian. However, it will not work with the IBM 46M0997 expander (and it may not be compatible with other SAS/SAS2 expanders either), so don't buy it if that's your intended use case. You don't need an HP server to configure this HBA...
  3. M

EU WTB: SATA/mSATA SSDs up to ~500GB

How many do you need? I've got one Intel 545s (256GB) and nine Crucial MX500 (500GB) that I'm looking to sell. Belgium based. Feel free to send me a PM.
  4. M

FYI: Western Digital admits 2TB-6TB WD Red NAS drives use shingled magnetic recording

Good to finally have some clarity on this issue. I don't particularly like WD's patronizing tone when they talk about 'typical workloads' - as if a ZFS RAID is such an odd use case for a small business or enthousiast user. Their answer also seems to imply that the drives are meant for...
  5. M

Broadcom 9400-16i - Blocking uncertified hard disks?

I just acquired a Broadcom 9400-16i HBA for my home server that is supposed to replace an older LSI controller. My previous configuration consisted of a mix of different brands and types of drives (Crucial BX500 and MX500, Intel 545s, Samsung 860 EVO), which worked just fine. Unfortunately with...