Search results

1. K

Flashing Delta 7024 to Dell 8024

Just an update, I am currently working on building a BSDL file to interface with the processor. I already successfully used by USB blaster to talk to a simpler PPC processor. As soon as I figure out the definition bug in the file, I will supply the file here and instructions on how to get it...
  2. K

Update: I was able to get urjtag to interface with my USB blaster. Now I am on the hunt for the BSDL file for the processor.
  3. K

I found a nice guide for using an open source JTAG programmer and a hardware/cable hack to make use of my USB blaster. The link for the guide is: Using JTAG on MPC824x boards . I have already made the cable. "URJTAG" might have the features needed to do the flash. You can find it at UrJTAG -...
  4. K

I forgot to add, the PPC chip does have both internal and external memory, I just am wondering if the bootloader and OS are on the external flash, or if the bootloader is internal and the OS external? I am thinking that it is the case. Cheers, Kevin
  5. K

Thanks for the quick reply. I do have a JTAG system here at work, as we have a full board design and manufacturing unit that I am working with now. I will see if I can JTAG into the main PowerPC chip. Does the IC have internal memory or does it address externally ? ie: is the bootloader stored...
  6. K

Is there any chance that you can export the full programming file from a working switch? I am trying to recover a bricked switch for a friend using a USB blaster and Quantas software (commercial version). All I have for firmwares are the Dell .stk format for the flash and the raw bootloader in...