Search results

1. Marty007

Canada FS/FT 6 x 8GB DDR3 1333 Micron MT36KSF1G72PZ

I bought 6 sticks of DDR3 10600 1333Mhz ECC memory for my X8SIL-F. Then I realized I bought the wrong ram for my board... MICRON MT36KSF1G72PZ-1G4M1HF 8GB (1X8GB) 1333MHZ PC3-10600 CL9 ECC REGISTERED DUAL RANK 1.35V DDR3 SDRAM 240-PIN DIMM MEMORY MODULE My ram is 2Rx4, but based on some great...
  2. Marty007

Building my first server - too many choices!

I will rebuild this weekend and respond with the error.
  3. Marty007

Building my first server - too many choices!

I have been up and down on Google, actually sat down and built an ESXI box, then jumped to Windows Home Server 2011 (don't ask why), now I am looking at FreeNAS. Either I have ADHD, or there are too many squirrels in my life! Older rig I picked up here, X8 board, with a quad core Xeon...
  4. Marty007

Sold Sold Sold

Assuming that the SSD's are gone...??
  5. Marty007

Canada WTB: Socket 1150 CPU

Looking for a CPU to complete my build. Not picky on the number of cores, will be running a file server. Thanks!
  6. Marty007

Canada Gear clear out - Canada

All over your cases, located in Ottawa, let me know.
  7. Marty007

FS: P9A-I/C2550/SAS/4L and (2) 8GB ECC UDIMMs

Is the motherboard/ram still available for sale? Would you ship to Canada?
  8. Marty007

Nuc vs. Tupperware

Not sure if this is relevant anymore, being September and all... I have built over 20 of the DN2820FYKH Nuc's over the past year, and came to the conclusion that they are pretty finicky when it comes to memory. Started using the low voltage 1.35V Mac memory from Corsair and even then had a...
  9. Marty007

Revamping HTPC Setup, Let Me Know If You See Any Flaws

How did you get by the IO lag? I have one, Raspberry Pi, as well, seems to take too long to jump to the movie/option selected.
  10. Marty007

Chromecast or Bay Trail

Have set up a few of the DN2820FYKH NUC. Wonderful little box, silent, low power consumption, no problem with 1080p video. Not the cheapest solution, but you basically have a full pc, with great options to boot.
  11. Marty007

Price Drop - 32GB (4GBx8) DDR2 - Registered RAM, 12 Core Opterons, Older Xeon CPU's

Interested in the RAM, how is shipping to Ottawa, Canada?
  12. Marty007

Looking to buy an older Synology DS2090

Thanks to you both for this, I am pretty new to NAS enclosures, almost afraid to admin that I have a mediasonic backing up my files... Will keep looking around, I wasn't sure about the capacity as well. Great site, great people!
  13. Marty007

Looking to buy an older Synology DS2090

Greeting all, First timer here, looking for a suggestion/advice regarding an older DS209. Buddy of mine is giving me a great deal on it, and I have a couple of WD Greens that I would like to put in it. Only concern I have is that I am running a Windows7/Windows8 mixed environment, not...
  14. Marty007

FS: SSD's

Interest in X-25M's Interested in the Intel 160GB X-25M, how many do you have left? Also, do you ship to Canada? Marty