Search results

1. S

Which fiber cable for a 50m (165 feet) outdoor link?

I have a similar case. House and garage 100 m distance, buried conduit available, can filled with water sometime during the year. I would like to use with BiDi transceiver 10Gbps could be enough. Which kind of fiber do you suggest ? Maybe I need one with PE black jacket like ethernet external...
  2. S

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

So with two-nic standard configuration of opnsense, it should use around 8-9W... So for limited bandwidth connection (100-300 Mbps), an APU2 or J4105 use a little bit less power for typical small/home firewall and routing.
  3. S

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

May you test these machines with freebsd/opnsense/pfsense to see it the power consumption is more similar to Linux or to Windows ?
  4. S

EU WTB: 8 RDIMM ECC 3200MHz

which model number ?
  5. S

EU WTB: 8 RDIMM ECC 3200MHz

Hi guys, I'm looking for 8 RDIMM ECC 3200 MHz (new or used but without defects) at good price. In case, I have VAT ID and will need invoice. Thanks
  6. S

Post your mining rigs

How much is the ROI (Return of Investment) ?
  7. S

Isilon caddies: how remove disk ?

Solved, sorry: I had just to stretch e little bit the sides of the caddy and the drive went out. No tools required.... it was too easy!
  8. S

Isilon caddies: how remove disk ?

Hi guys, here I've a bounch of disks just bought on ebay: they arrived with this Isilon caddy I don't know: anyone know the correct way to remove it ? Thanks in advance!
  9. S

FS switch Review

Purchased optical and dac cables, transceivers and one switch S3900 48 port until now: nothing to complain until now. The documentation of s3900 switch in some part is not so well written, but not major bug found. At work we are going to test in deep their 10G base-T transceiver. They have a...
  10. S

EU ADi-SA2X-BE (HP T730 equivalent) £55.99

The seller has only 97,7% feedback score and a limited number of (private) transactions. Take care.
  11. S

vSAN sizing reccomandations

Resuming this thread: currently I could buy 8-10 used SAS SSD HUSMM medium sizes (400/800gb) for about 80-120 Euro each, while finding good used Nvme ones same capacity like Intel P3600 in such quantity is more difficult to find in Europe - mostly come from US and China. I know that 400gb is...
  12. S

[EU-GER] WTB: Cascade Lake LGA3647 Xeon, 42U Rack, DDR3+DDR4 RAM, AMD EPYC / TR, Watercooling stuff

I'm also interested in Mellanox SX60XX Railkit, even compatible static ones.
  13. S

Nics with OCP 2.0 Type 1: (Connector A)

Hi guys, looking at the datasheet of poweredge R7515, it seems that the LOM connector for additional network cards is based on OCP 2.0 standard, type 1, connector A. Dell online configurator offers only Broadcom based solution for a couple of 1G/10G/25G ports. I would like to know if anyone had...
  14. S

Virtualization of pfsense and others, pre check

Yes, of course. And I agree about the remaining steps. So your scheme would be like the following, where the "public" WAN enter into the switch and from here the connection to the cluster of servers but you now the two firewall VMs can be on any server of this cluster, and the...
  15. S

Virtualization of pfsense and others, pre check

Just to make the things more complicated... What is needed if instead of virtualizing pfSense in single host, you are using a cluster of servers where you want to setup a couple of pfSense in HA. These pfSense VM, as other VM can be moved/migrated from one host to another. Let's think about...
  16. S

Servers and switches in a single rack

@i386: also in my case I have few cm from side and being the side closed it's not easy to handle these cables. It's worth notice that every 2U, I have 2 power cables, 2 QSFP+ cables, 3 to 5 SFTP/UTP cables, and in some case also a couple of SFP+ cables depending on the server, because I mostly...
  17. S

So looking at this solution, switches can stay fixed on the back side of the rack, on bottom or on top ot in the middle. Cables pass on the sides of the rack. The servers' I/O panels are on the same side of the switch: just is needed to think about the sliding, that could be easier when cable...
  18. S

Fritz, why do you think is a bad idea ? Are your switches front-facing (ports on same side of servers) or with ports on backside, like mine ?
  19. S

Europe/Poland/Germany SX6036

These switches are always without rail kit, not so easy to find it at reasonable (cheap) price.
  20. S

Hello guys, in my lab I have a rack with depth of 1000mm, with front and back fully accessible, but I cannot access sides because is between a wall and another rack. I put servers in this rack, sliding out on front side and the UPS on bottom. Currently I put the switches on the back side, fixed...