Search results

1. M

DIY UPS capacity upgrade, success and failure

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Right now, I don't have this unit in service, but I'll definitely put this information to use if I use it again. As Tom5051 mentioned, I am aware that AGM charging is done at higher voltages than standard SLA or deep-cycle automotive/marine batteries, but even that...
  2. M

APC Smart-UPS 2200VA cable help

According to this: 100 AMP FUSE $4.50 , the fuse is a TF100S, and is rated for 100A. It sounds right, though I know for sure that at least one of the other APC 2200 models use 140A fuses (SUA2200 UXI).
  3. M

I will look into those more, thank you. If I continue to use this setup for much longer, I will likely eventually switch to one of those. I will admit that cost had a huge factor in my initial selection as well, as at the time, I was able to get very large discounts from several local auto parts...
  4. M

That is a very good point, and I apologize for not addressing or stressing that before, in the event that anyone else considers this ill-advised modification. I will say that I had taken that into consideration when setting this up, but forget to mention it. But yes, it is very important to...
  5. M

I’d like to start off by saying I’ve used STH as a reference for a long time, but this will be my first post. I hope someone can find this valuable, if only as something to laugh at, or as a good warning. In all honesty, I will however say that while I won’t recommend that anyone do this...