Search results

1. A

Help me understand LC module compatibility

Ah ok that's a good tip. I'll do some searches on those.
  2. A

Yes, prices for those do seem higher. Much more of them about in the US too, hardly any in the UK (lots of other brands, SF and Chelsio, HP etc). Yes 10GB SFP is all I need, mainly for the distance, the DAC cables I'm using work great, no compatibility issues there, they're just a bit too short.
  3. A

Ah yes I've dabbled with XCP-ng... I was going to use it to run multiple GPUs on the r720 with Freenas on a vm, alas I couldn't get XCP-ng to see my GPUs, but that's another story. XCP-ng seemed a lot easier to use than ESXi, but then again I'm a noob. I search 'Mellanox SFP 10G' or just...
  4. A

Thanks for the reply, that makes sense. Also probably why there are so few Mellanox cards on ebay (in the UK anyway). Why does that Lawrence Systems guy recommend chelsio so much, that's the main reason I sought them out. So if I got chelsio optics for the card in the r720, am I right in...
  5. A

Hello STH. I'm just getting started with a home server and hit a stumbling block that I could do some help with. I bought some mismatched 10G nics for peer to peer over DAC between my r720 server and clients. Works fine. Now I need more distance so want to try fibre so bought another chelsio...