Search results

1. S

Looking for 2+ NVMe card without bifurcation need

along the lines of other posters. I would recommend the broadcom 9460-16i raid controller. It supports 4 nvme drives in u.2 format. Look up the samsung 983 dct's. or get m.2/u.2 adapters.....to use your existing m.2's
  2. S

Asetek 690LX-PN (FCLGA3647 360mm AIO radiator)

Its in stock on the manufacturer's website. Asetek 690LX-PN Liquid Cooler
  3. S

Thanks! Finally someone who actually confirms using it, and that it works with the 3200 series (I didn't really doubt it wouldn't.....). Good to know. I'm thinking I might stick to 2200 series, and build 3 instead of 1, just so I can play with vsan. (can use the regular corsair H110's etc with...
  4. S

Question about home "server" builds. Why are they needed?

I have an HP z420 based esxi host, mostly for educational purposes, lab etc to have the abilities to test things that I would do at the office, esxi itself, AD, Exchange, MSCS Failover clustering, ConfigMGR based OSD and automated rule based windows patching etc. Didn't really use it for any...
  5. S

Anyone have any experience using this AIO CPU cooler? I'm putting together a build list for a W-3275 cpu based esxi host for a (admittedly over the top price wise) home lab. The cooler is 'intel approved' for the w-3175 but the 3275 is also 3647 based (and rated at 500W cooling abilities)...