Search results

1. G

Working home lab build

Right I have found this mobo for possibly a good price around £150 maybe Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon® Boards | X9DRi-F To go with the above CPUs and this case Phanteks Innovative Computer Hardware Design I know the CPU support virtualization but I can't seem to find the same...
  2. G

Working home lab build

Hi Rand and thank you for your reply. No I have not bought anything yet but the CPUs are quite cheap £96 for both and they seem to have good specifications. I believe it would be easier for me a tower or consumer chassies...I would like to keep the budget down as much as possible. I am opened...
  3. G

Working home lab build

Thanks Crimson but I would like something that I can possibly fit under a desk or in my home office; also running a full racked server it won't be cheap I suppose.
  4. G

Working home lab build

Hi CrimsonMars, Thank you for the feedback. Are you referring to micro servers e.g. HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 X3216? If not do you have any links? I need good capacity in terms of RAM and CPU cores; the processors I mentioned will give me 16 cores 32 threads to distribute computing cycles...
  5. G

Working home lab build

Hi everyone, I am new posting here! I would like to build a home lab to run K8s and other working environments by spinning several VMs. I am looking to build around 2 x INTEL XEON E5-2670 CPU PROCESSOR 8 CORE 2.60GHZ 20MB L3 CACHE 115W SR0KX. Cooling the above with 2x Supermicro SMH...