Search results

1. F

LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

Forgive me if I missed something but is there a consensus yet on the 80 vs. 72-bit ECC situation? Has a go-to 80-bit stick been identified at this point?
  2. F

LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

What's a good vendor to look for these boards at? Haven't been able to find anyone stocking one of these yet. I'm looking at the IMB-1314 or X1314 here for a home NAS/server that will be on TrueNAS, or maybe a plain FreeBSD install (and maybe eventually Debian). Any caveats for these boards in...
  3. F

Is the Supermicro AOC-S2308L-L8e incompatible with non-Supermicro motherboards?

Quick update here since I know people like to document info about various HBAs: the AOC-S2308L-L8e worked fine in my Asus board, so I honestly don't know what Supermicro is referring to with the "All standard cards cannot be used w/ non-SMCI system" wording on the support page. The card did ship...
  4. F

Thanks for the helpful suggestion, but there's very little info about this question online and, as I said, what little there is implies some disagreement. Even the guide to LSI-based HBAs on this very forum lists this card without any mention of compatibility. It's not something that's...
  5. F

I've got an AOC-S2308L-L8e on the way, intended for use in a FreeNAS machine with an Asus motherboard. The seller didn't list this on their product page, but I'm now seeing indications that these cards only work in Supermicro boards (per both this support page and some Reddit posts). However...