Search results

1. M

Server 2012 R2 in the year 2020

What makes 2016 better than 2019?
  2. M

Define isolated :) The moment it is connected to your network it is no longer isolated? Other PCs and Androids have access to it to play movies...
  3. M

I thing my biggest concern are the Android devices that have access in the home net :) I'm running pfSense and sure SMBv1 is disabled on all devices.
  4. M

I have Windows 8.1 with StableBit DrivePool running but i need Access Based Enumeration and want to switch to Windows Server. I'm not a fan of the update procedure of the new Windows OS's and other stuff that comes with them. Is 2012 R2 still something you would use if you don't need something...
  5. M

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

Since the PSU has 19.5V it's no problem to get 12V. 30 watts would be a lot. My Haswell i5 with Tvheadend, pfSense and freeSwitch running in Hyper-V jumps between 17 to 25W if doing nothing. It also has a PCIe Intel dual NIC (4 NICs in totall) and two 2.5" and one 3.5" drive. Watching two HD...
  6. M

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

No transcoding needet... Another NAS is another device that is drawing power. I was locking at Odroid HC1/HC2 but they are expensive and why not just use the Tvheadend box that is running 24/7 anyways. The 6TB drive is not running 24/7? If you don't access files your drives go to sleep? I have...
  7. M

I need something with really low power consumption because power is expensive here in Germany. It will be a Tvheadend server and small NAS. At the moment i have Tvheadend running on my bigger machine in Hyper-V and a Raspberry PI as SAT-IP server with USB DVB-S2 tuners connected. The RPi is...
  8. M

I ask the sellers if the t620 has a mSATA and if not: https://www.parkytowers.me.uk/thin/hp/t620/mods.shtml I will put the HDD outside the case and want to use a mSATA to SATA adapter: https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-mSATA-SATA-HDD-Adapter/dp/B00HHJJIPA Would be nice to know what...
  9. M

Hi, can someone tell me if mSATA works with 6 or 8 TB drives? I also don't see in the datasheet what kind of onboard NIC the t620 has and what specification the mini PCIe has.
  10. M

SAMBA share via hostname not working in Windows 10

Yes they are. But i also tried it with a entry in the DNS resolver and 3-CPO does not work. EDIT #1: Just found out that just a dot is enough? So "\\3-CPO." also works. EDIT #2: It works now and i don't know what the problem really was. I have the machines in quick access: 1. \\3-CPO. did...
  11. M

SAMBA share via hostname not working in Windows 10

Hi, i have the problem that on my workstation i don't see the shares if i use the hostname of one machine. There are two other Windows machines (same release and setting) and there it works. I have SAMBA shares in two Debian installation. \\3-CPO on my workstation does not show the shares but...