Search results

1. M

Dell Compellent SC4020i SC4020 10G-iSCSI-2 Type A Controller 10N16

Hi, Not sure if this question specifically fits here but I am looking for some information if Dell Compellent SC200 (dumb) expansion enclosure could be fitted with a 10N16 controller. SC200 currently has got 2x EMM SC2 expansion SAS-2 6G cards in it. I have removed the card and pinout/layout...
  2. M

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Thanks, tested few more 6COMGIGA GLC-T which are the cheapest modules on amazon here in EU and all of them work reliably (at least over a week in the home lab)! How unique situation in which more expensive modules fail and the cheapest contender wins. I only regret lack of netmap support for...
  3. M

Has anyone played with 1GB SFP modules via MAM1Q00A-QSA with SX6012/18/36? 10G SFP+ work without a question but I was puzzled by 1G port speed setting yet general opinion it won't work. Also looked here: How can I connect an rj45 plug into a qsfp28 port? My observations are that in general it...
  4. M

Accelerated packet pushers, e.g. XDP vs DPDK - what do you use, and why?

I am a bit lost if you pursue BGP peering or storage network design. For 10Gbps+ depends how much +. Just 10Gbps 2667v2 on a VM with passed through X520 and suricata, with reasonable number of rules does full in-line IPS under pfSense which has none of that magic. VyOS, TNSR etc. are all...
  5. M

True :) To maybe get back from off-top, I was unable to resolve ACLs on VLAN interfaces on SX6012. The only other option was to separate filtered and non-filtered VLANs and have SX6012 do L3 routing for non-filtered ones and have service VLAN to pfsense which is handling filtering and L3...
  6. M

If you want to build your own DPDK router with X3 I can dig my build config files for it. It wasn't that bad after all. You can also have startup config for VPP so on reboot you get back to what it should be. Any changes made directly to vpp via vppctl or TNSR (also vppctl) are not permanent. I...
  7. M

Free TNSR for home lab IMO is the only option which makes sense. Otherwise if you fancy a bit more effort without integrated CLI and have some linux experience, one can successfuly build DPDK + VPP + FRR and achieve exactly the same for free on Ubuntu. TNSR is build on DPDK+VPP itself plus of...
  8. M

best / cheapest 10gbe 5 port switch

My experience with MikroTik CRS305 (CRS309 is also cooled passively, running the same RouterOS just more SFP+ ports) is that: - Power consumption is a big win - Price to value is hard to beat yet some sacrifices have been made - No way of line rate with L3, VLAN interfaces are good for dhcp...
  9. M

I have found the right function/action to trigger an active change of access-list parameters without wr me & reboot, which corresponds to cli menu ipv4 access-list if50 bind-point rif. mdreq action /acld/actions/acl_set_table_attr acl_name string "if50" switch_id string "ethernet-default"...
  10. M

I did it the other way around to look at my leds :cool: For SX6012 is as simple as reversing 4 fans on the back. All 4 fans are mounted on a metal frame you remove with 7 screws and need to cut few zip ties, no black magic and plain screwdriver job. Other larger SX (i.e 6036) units have modular...
  11. M

With license enabled switch started showing some capabilities in show system capabilities and CLI got new options to work with vlans & ipv4 access-lists! So that's positive. Yet it appears our SX6012 hardware does not support ACLs on VLANs regardless of the license. I guess someone with...
  12. M

Of course, without L3 I would not have vlan interfaces 50 & 80 (which are L3) represented as ifindex 5x50 & 5x80. Vlans, vlan interfaces and inter-vlan routing works fine but I don't see a point of L3 capabilities like routing without acls TBH. Older SW version does not support acls on vlans...
  13. M

I see, whereas vlan configuration over web is doable, acl configuration is hardly implemented. 8012 should support rif allowing to bind an acl to vlan interface but web GUI does not give this option. It does not give an option to bind to a specific interface either. It seems it has to do with...
  14. M

Could anyone check if their SX6012 in VPI mode on 3.6.8012 allows working with ACLs?? I can add them in GUI but unable to change binding to rif needed for vlan filtering. Also surprised when via CLI I cannot do anything... SX6012 [standalone: master] (config) # ipv4 access-list TCPportsACL %...
  15. M

Good to see it is working for you with IBM branded one but the part number is different to the ones I got. 4 different IBM cables I have do not work: 2x45W9390 2x45W9379 Having tested each of them makes me convinced it is not an issue with the cable but the models. I bought from different...
  16. M

All the files modded are for 8012 version: hwd - patched 1PSU Dingo error via mapping DPN_ERROR to 2 = 2 PSU in function adjust_pses_number_according_to_machine. For genuine part numbers it will have no effect, for converted ensure you use it on a unit with 2 PSUs, cannot tell what happens when...
  17. M

These are if statements one compares to DPN_2, other to DPN_ERROR, I made both values 02 so when part number check returns DPN_ERROR in fact it returns 2 = 2 PSUs.
  18. M

I am using IDA, there are some shortcuts and these are not 1:1 source code transcipts like with any decompiler plus there seems to be offset as an example compared to HXD editor from what I see. I will upload modded hwd & rh tomorrow, binary comparison will be much more effective than chasing...
  19. M

And the last error is resolved: [web.WARNING]: util_ui_api_is_ib_eth_vpi_enabled: HW supports: IB ETH VPI profiles, but they are not enabled by HW VPD or license. Responsible binary: /opt/tms/lib/web/handlers/rh It occurs when: if ( *is_ib_enableda == false && *is_eth_enableda == false &&...
  20. M

Has anyone tested SX6012 or SX6018 for inter vlan routing performance? Where between two ESXI hosts in the same VLAN over SX6012 I get 27Gbit/s with single thread utilizing just switching capabilities that's okay. When I moved VMs to separate VLANs with routing over SX6012 VLAN interfaces I get...