Search results

1. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

On my ICX6610, I noticed the license capacity is 8 for ICX6610-10G-LIC-POD. Does this mean I can only use a maximum of 8 10g ports between the front and breaking out the 2xQSFP+ ports on the back? Is there a separate license needed to use both the QSFP+ break outs and the 8 SFP ports on the front?
  2. J

Concerning the 40G to 10G breakout setup on the ICX6610, I can’t seem to get the 40g to 10g breakout working. I have: a 40G-QSFP-SR-INT optic (also have the infiniband optic mentioned in an earlier post) fiber: female MPO to 8x LC OM4 10 G brocade optics and intel optics I have connected...
  3. J

Thank you both! I'll see what I can dig up in part numbers and see if I can replace.
  4. J

Thank you. I ended up getting another PSU from the seller and it worked fine. Can the fan be repaired on a defective PSU?
  5. J

I was able to snag a Rev C PSU & a PSU blank from ebay. Unfortunately, when I boot the switch with only that PSU, it says: Fatal Error: PSU fan is not present or FAN has failed I tried swapping the PSU into a different slot, and mixing the Rev C & Rev A PSUs, but every time it shows the above...
  6. J

FS: Dell R620/8SFF w/ H710 RAID or IT mode SAS controller and miscellaneous stuff

I know this was posted awhile ago, but it's possible to get an R720 to run in 65W. To do so: slim down the server to 64gig, 1 CPU, and then use the internal header for a hard drive (instead of the bays). This is what I did to convert one to a local router with a Xeon V2670, a daughter board...
  7. J

Popping in to say I'm joining the ICX6610 club as well. Received the switch yesterday and it's been a wonderful device. My only question is: does anyone have a suggestion where to get a blank for the back power supply slot? I wanted to run the device with a single PSU instead of dual.