Search results

1. P

Gaming instability ESXi 6.7u3b, TR 1950x

Assuming you installed ESXi to a USB or SD card or other removable media, or if you can simply remove the drive you installed to, you can try a reinstall on new external media and see if it fixes it. If it doesn't, revert back to your old install.
  2. P

RTX2060 KO a killer sleeper workstation card for $299

If you aren't a viewer of Gamer's Nexus and are looking for a workstation card specifically for a great price, check out this content. Apparently EVGA got a batch of non-validated TU104 dies that were cut down to make the RTX2060 KO for US $299. The 2060 is normally a smaller TU106 die. It...
  3. P

Yep. Had the same issue with my first install of ESXi for some unknown reason. I did a fresh install for another, unrelated issue and it fixed it. vCenter did not show the same behavior, but ESXi 6.7 U3b did.
  4. P

Got the new PSU and 2nd GPU in. Everything works like a charm! I pinned the terminal server VM to the 2nd NUMA node since it's carrying the 2nd GPU and that will prevent resource starvation between the terminal server and the gaming PC. I have to give credit to Linus Tech Tips for giving me...
  5. P

I had serious boot issues when trying to pass through 1 of 2 controllers on an Allegro USB 3.2 4-port card. I've read others having the same experiences. In theory the 2 controller show up as 2 separate PCIe devices and you can pass one through to one VM and one through to the other. In...
  6. P

The main thing for Windows clients is to add 'hypervisor.cpuid.v0 = "FALSE"' to the .vmx. Otherwise the GeForce drivers detect the hypervisor and refuse to work. Nvidia wants you to use quadros in passthrough, of course .
  7. P

The fact that I've wasted the last half-hour playing Doom makes me feel like I figured it out. Check out this article from Nvidia. I added this to the VM .vmx and so far it's been rock solid. VMware vDGA / GPU Passthrough Requires That MSI is Disabled on VMs | NVIDIA
  8. P

Well, it was worth a shot. I limited the VM to the same NUMA node / die that is carrying the GPU. Same result. Crashed after about 15 minutes of playtime. Ran a perfmon trace during the game and never saw any real storage latency, even from the spinning HDD array. Hoping for better luck...
  9. P

I hadn't thought about that. I'm sure game designers never imagined their games being played on this topology. Gonna give this a try!
  10. P

I, too, would expect a host-wide event during a low power situation. Only thing I was thinking was that the GPU may have gotten a little low on available power causing a hiccup that crashed the API and the game along with it. New PSU will be here tomorrow so we'll soon know! The 5700xt is...
  11. P

Thanks! It's literally a patchwork quilt of parts that I've collected through the years. I have gamed on this hardware back when it was a Hyper-V host with no problem. Back then it didn't have the RAID card or all the storage, though. It was just the 1080ti, a couple NVME drives and that was...
  12. P

In lieu of purchasing a gaming PC for the TV in my den I decided to just spin up a Win 10 VM on my 1950X ESXi host and run extended active HDMI & USB 3.0 cables to it (about 5 meters). I passed through a GTX 1080ti and a dedicated USB3 PCIe card with no issues. I easily get 60fps when playing...