Search results

1. J

WTB: Dell PowerEdge C6100 XS23-TY3 Components

Thanks @webjunkie, I will give them a shout. Thanks!
  2. J

@djbon2112, awesome news! Yes, I'm still looking for them. They came with the L5520's. DM me what you want for them, and if you have the processors, what you want for them too. Thanks!
  3. J

(US-Dallas TX) Dell C1100 lots of 5

@frogtech for development purposes and internal use. I don't have a problem using 2nd or 3rd generation equipment. You don't need brand new systems for everything that you deploy, especially when processing and storage are processing and storage, and centOS7/8 run on those machines just as well...
  4. J

@Navy_BOFH, Thanks for the info. I've just got to talk my boss into it. I'd love to get 2 lots of these, maybe 3 honestly.
  5. J

Built in RAID? Or would I need to get an LSI card or something?
  6. J

@markarr good to know. Out of curiosity, how do they perform? It's going to be slightly less dense than then c6100's I do use, and I'm just wondering if it's worth it. You still have to get rails and power supply, so another $35.00 ... $65.00 for the server ... then hard drives ... Espeically...
  7. J

Has anyone actually bought any of these from this person? I notice one lot has been acquired. I am interested in them, but when i asked for a service tag to see build specs it came back as not found. Just curious.
  8. J

@Samir I totally forgot to say Thank you!
  9. J

@Samir, unfortunately those parts don't swap between the 1100 and the 6100. We don't have anything like that, though I am curious if it has an SAS/SATA controller in it. I can't tell, but it looks like those have 3.5" drives, and what i'm hoping to go after are the 2.5", but if they respond...
  10. J

Good morning, looking to buy some spare parts for on-hand use. Looking for (2nd) gen c6100 XS23-TY3 components: Sled with motherboard and processors only; Motherboards only Will also consider the following: Sleds with motherboards and processors and ram; 2.5" Drive Enclosures with rails...
  11. J

Dell Xanadu C6100 XS23-SB Board Config Issues

Good morning everyone. I honestly do not know if anyone has seen this thread or not; however, the culprit has been discovered and identified. I was looking all over the board and could not find, for the love of all that is on high, where there might be a jumper to disable NIC1 or NIC2. Here's...
  12. J

Dell Xanadu C6100 XS23-SB Board Config Issues

I just discovered this site, and only thanks to my recently joining the Dell Poweredge-Tools mailing list. I have a 5 of these enclosures, each with 4 nodes, and I have generally *knock on wood* had very few problems with them. I have even been contemplating building a custom on/off/reset...