Search results

1. D

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

I currently have a somewhat large house with 2x r650s and 2x r610s running "regular" unleashed. I probably don't need all 4 APs, I just setup the 1st r610 in the server room for temp connectivity, and never took it out. It's nominated as the master, but wireless is enabled. Would this r730...
  2. D

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

bump? I haven't had time to look at this...but it does seem to be a problem.
  3. D

I just upgraded to 7.2 this week, and I just checked and am seeing the same issue. I don't see any errors, just nothing happens. I guess I shouldn't be quick to upgrade the other box. :(
  4. D

pfsense Multigigabit

I have a Mellanox ConnectX3 in my opnsense box. I haven't had any issues with FreeBSD. (or previously HardenedBSD)
  5. D

Eaton EMA111-10 $77+shipping

For those that were lamenting the logging capabilities, librenms will produce pretty graphs with basically no effort. All I had to do was turn on SNMP, add it to librenms, bam!.
  6. D

I’m going to have to do this with mine for storing and transportation to the new house.
  7. D

2 full boxes, taped together. Not repacked. Not to NYC, but Rochester NY (150 mi)
  8. D

Only caution is the box is somewhat long, so the dimensional price might be higher than the actual weight.
  9. D

I managed to snag 2 of these from the seller, and after 1 day of no response from the seller, they updated my invoice with shipping, Which was an additional ~$80. From Ontario to western NY (across the lake), likely steep, but oh well. Received on Monday, and plugged one in.. well worth...
  10. D

I have 2x ZS1711E3VIVG5 in 2 different H11SSL-i boards. One of them I cannot use the internal m.2 slot, and a couple of the pci-e slots. (the other board everything works fine) I did some troubleshooting back in the day, and swapped mobos, and re-torqued the cpu. No dice. The best I can...
  11. D

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I am running a 6450 and some ruckus r610s's. They work great. The APs are on the MGMT vlan (90), and have trunked vlans on other ssids. I didn't find this problematic to setup. FYI, I think I saw that the new fw train for ruckus ap's now will allow you to set the mgmt vlan to a tagged vlan...
  12. D

Best practice or toolkit for estimating cable run lengths?

I'm planning on doing all of the network and LV wiring for a house that I'm building. As it's a substantial amount of wire, and I need to get it all done in a week, I'm trying to plan how much cable to buy. I'm not super afraid of over-buying (it all gets used eventually), but obviously...
  13. D

SM CSE 826 sweet deal

Mine came the exact same way.
  14. D

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

I agree with assessment that replacing unifi w/ ruckus has been faster and more stable. I replaced a nanoHD & AC-PRO w/ 2x R610 in the same locations and it has been a quantifiable improvement. I have installed 2x r510s in a friend's house, and they are similar performance to the r610s. I...
  15. D

Anyone need a "few" switches? Lot of Brocade ICX 6450-48p
  16. D

Since I was moving some stuff around in the closet today, I did a little power measurement. Using killawatt: 7250-48 - 31W idle (only console) 7250-24p - 45W idle (only console) Before the poe was initialized i saw 35W on the 24p. Edit: I realize that the -48 was previously a stack member...
  17. D

I do like the looks of the 7150-c12p :) It looks better in black.
  18. D

I have a friend that got a quote to upgrade his old ZF7372 ruckus network in his dental office to "Access Networks". It was a big $$ number and it wasn't clear what model they were putting in. Instead we acquired a number of R710s, and upgraded everything ourselves.
  19. D

[WTB] AMD 64 Core 'ES' and ''QS' CPU's

The one that matches your board? You might want to read that entire thread... There is a lot there. I used the Rome_H11SSLI_Rev2 cause the stickers on my SM H11SSLI board said Rev 2.0 :) H11SSLI - Single socket board H11DSI - Dual socket board The MZ01 are gigabyte boards.
  20. D

Any downsides with ConnectX-3?

I can't imagine linux removing support for the ConnectX-3 cards.. how many ancient generations of intel chips are still supported? Incidentally ConnectX3 is supported by the mlx4 linux driver. I don't feel bad picking up cheap SFP+ cards, then you have options - you can rock the 10GB-T or...