Search results

1. C

ESXI 8 one VM will is not reachable through one vlan

I moved a VM (windows 2019 server) from one host to another in my home lab. The lab is running ESXI essentials 8.0 on both servers. The VM has three network interfaces on different vlans (an running layer three switch). After the move, one of the vlans would not response to ping, while the...
  2. C

Problems upgrading R740 from Silver 6114 to Gold 6150

Folks, I had picked up a R70 at a local auction for a very good price and decided to upgrade the processors from Silver 6114 it came with to Gold 6150 CPUs. The 6150 did require the larger 150w+ heatsinks, which I also purchased. The install was pretty straight forward, but after booting up...
  3. C

Optical SR transceivers that work with Aruba S3500

Does anyone have a list of optical SR transceivers that are known to work with the Aruba S2500/S3500? The Finisar FTLX8471D3BCVs I have on hand are pretty much ignored for linking, but they do show up with the assorted transceiver commands.
  4. C

Help with Aruba S3500 - No LCD display

So one of my (spare) Aruba S3500-48P switches decided to be a problem child. Of course, it wasn't the "spare" at the time it made this decision... I'm using a pair of S2500/S3500 switches in my home network. One is in the server rack and one is in the garage (were most of the networking...
  5. C

(SOLVED) PERC H830 importing foreign configuration from LSI 9285-8e

Due to a planned upgrade from ESXI 6.7 to 7.0, I needed to replace the faithful LSI 9285-8e RAID card in my home system that connects to a NetApp DS2246 disk shelf. I also used this down time to migrate my VMs from a R720 to a R630. The configuration is fairly basic: ESXI runs off the dual SD...
  6. C

IBM M5015 overheating due to bad resistor soldering

So after reading everything on this form about the assorted LSI based controllers, I picked up an IBM M5015 and battery on eBay. When I first tested it out, in my old server (which is an Intel SC5299-E server chassis), the card seemed to work fine and sat there running (doing pretty much...