Search results

1. C

paint texture

Run of the mill computer cases are powder coated? I hadn't considered that. Within arms reach there are 2 cases, a Rose will and a Raidmax. Both were real cheap (rebate/discount). Maybe powder coating is so widely used these days it's economical?
  2. C

(older) motherboard bumper pads

My first server build featured an Intel dual socket 771 board. It required the application of the supplied rubber pad to the underside of the board. More recently I'm putting together an even older Intel dual pentium III contraption (why? lol). It also calls for, iirc, 2 bumper pads stuck on the...
  3. C

paint texture

Seemingly a bit off topic for this forum, but to date no one I've consulted knows the answer. Look at a new computer case, or likely server chassis. Chances are the paint finish has a slightly gritty texture. I'm not suggesting there's actual grit in the paint. But I am puzzled how such a...
  4. C

minimally configured Supermicro lga2066 workstation $650 New Jersey

and also minimally used. SM x11srm-f-o motherobard Xeon W-2140b 8gb SM certified ram Asus gtx 750 ti sc gpu Adata 120gb ssd EVGA 700 watt bronze Windows 10 Pro dvd + key sticker Very little use. Everything was bought new, except for the cpu, which I got on aliexpress. It's the chip used in the...
  5. C

Looking for an early 2000s server case

12" x 13" yes. But Intel designates it Thin E-Bay
  6. C

Not looking to spend a lot on shipping. It turns out this is a 12" x 13" Mobo. The back of box calls it SSI Thin E-Bay, which I assumed meant TEB (and maybe it does) but the box also says it's 12" x 13". I have cases that will work, but I wanted something period appropriate.
  7. C

It needs to be able to take an ssi-teb board. Dual Pentium III. A couple hours from NJ at best. May p/u or may ship.
  8. C

ES Xeon Discussion

I don't know too many people who purposefully opt for less performance over more. There was some 2933mhz memory on ebay just yesterday, very reasonable. Do you specifically resent people who operate faster ram then you do?
  9. C

ES Xeon Discussion

Where did you buy them? And if anyone is using a SM x11srm-f-o mobo, can you recommend 2933mhz ram. On the cheap side please ;). I know of all the usual channels. And I'm not adverse to buying 16gb of used ram seeing my micro is used already. The -o as used above just signifies it's a retail...
  10. C

ES Xeon Discussion

And likely the w-2170b also. The thing is you pay twice as much for a w-2150b. For a 15% performance increase. In terms of passmark ratings anyway, ymmv. I suppose if you knew where to look you can get better then the 410$ tag currently on ebay. For 210$, what I paid, for roughly the equivalent...
  11. C

ES Xeon Discussion

Ok I can now confirm that a W-2140b (iMac specific) will post in a standard c422 Supermicro x11srm-f-o motherboard. I don't have ram yet, but got the Supermicro logo screen on the lcd, gor the 5 short and 1 long beep signifying no ram (or no good ram) installed. I'll have some ram in another...
  12. C

FS: Supermicro C422 mobo, E-EATX cases, power supplies (NJ 08005)

Pretty firm on prices. All items ship from NJ 08005 (US). 1) Supermicro X11SRM-F-O, used to test a blank lga2066 chip. Board was purchased new from Newegg. 200$ + shipping in box. 2) Thermaltake F51 Suppressor window(-ed), used a little, will take an SSI-EEB mobo (aftet 1 screw is removed...
  13. C

ES Xeon Discussion

This thread has (at least) 2 different discussions. One surrounding the blabk lga2066 cpu's that were and maybe still are on ebay. I was foolish for spending 50$ on the blank chip. I was especially foolish for spending more then 4x that for a motherboard while not knowing if the cpu worked.
  14. C

ES Xeon Discussion

Hello. I'm brand new here. I just sold my dual socket 771 board and need an upgrade lol. I fear I may have foolishly bought 1 of these mystery meat xeons, then purchased a SM x11srm-f-o. No workee. So my question, is there any new developments with these chips? I was going to attempt to delid...