Search results

1. Y

H11DSi-NT and octal channel memory

If I'm understanding the Supermicro manual for this motherboard correctly the only way I can get octal channel memory with dual epyc 7742 cpu's is to populate ALL 16 dimm slots with ram as long as the ram is 2666MHz or less (only 8 DIMMs can be used with 3200MHz). Can someone confirm if this...
  2. Y

Most optimal memory configuration for H11DSi-NT

I'm planning on buying the Supermicro H11DSi-NT motherboard which supports up to 8 channel memory. It has 16 dimm slots. I want to have 128 GB of total ram (possibly up to 256 if performance will be better) and would like the option of leaving empty dimm slots for adding more ram in the future...
  3. Y

Dual Epyc 7742 and stockfish

Could Patrick or someone tell me what kind of difference in NPS can I expect when running Stockfish chess engine with 2x Epyc 7742 cpu's in a Supermicro H11DSi-NT motherboard with DDR4-2666 MHz ram or DDR4-3200MHz ram? I read that in an AMD it can be several percent (~5) faster in benchmarks...
  4. Y

Dual Xeon 2696 v3 upgrade for chess

I'm thinking of upgrading my dual E5-2696 v3 cpu's to something that will be significantly faster when used with chess engines such as Stockfish. Could someone with experience suggest the most significant and efficient upgrade for chess? Things to consider: -will be used in a house so...