Search results

1. J

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

Ok, so I got a pair of R730s as an experiment coupled to a Davuaz Da-K6402WP PoE switch (2.5gbe, 30w max per port, 75w power envelope). I crossflashed them to the R850 unleashed firmware and I think I can largely mirror what people have seen here, but I'll point out a few items I think are...
  2. J

14 TB SAS HDD *NEW* $135

As someone who is unfamiliar with this seller, are these truly new drives with legit serial numbers and manufacturer warranty?
  3. J

EXPIRED Mellanox MCP1600-E002 QSFP28 IB EDR (100Gb/s) 2M DAC used - $12 OBO

Looks like my order got cancelled; did anyone else have better luck?
  4. J

EXPIRED (US) - Oh look, hell just froze over - HP t740 thin clients are back below 400 USD (375 to 400, Wifi/BT or not)

So now I'm starting to suspect the WX4100 may be susceptible to the Polaris power bug where it overdraws on slot power: AMD Releases Statement On Radeon RX 480 Power Consumption; More Details Tuesday and the T740 is sensitive to it. I received a Radeon RX 6400 (XFX SWFT105 for reference) and it...
  5. J

Cheap 8+ ports sfp+ - low noise

Hard to say as I haven't noticed severe thermal issues with either model under my operating conditions; currently the 2.0's case is warm but far from hot. Internally via peeking through the vents on both, it looks like the chipset heatsink looks similar on both models. That being said, the...
  6. J

SFP: 23.8US $ |Tp link 2.5g SFP to RJ45 SFP TL SM410U SFP Module 2.5Gbps RJ45 SFP Module SFP Copper RJ45 SFP Transceiver| | - AliExpress Switch: 128.26US $ |Tp-link 10gbe Switch 10gb Switch 10 Gigabit 10g Switch 10gbps Switch 10000mbps Optical Sfp+ Tl-st1008f 8 Ports Plug And Play - Fiber...
  7. J

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

For those still trying to get the stock fans to calm down, the method mentioned in the sx6036 thread also works with the sx6012 with some minor tweaks (from a fresh CLI login): enable conf t sh fan fae mlxi2c set_fan /MGMT/FAN1 1 28 sh fan This avoids having to go through the trouble of...
  8. J

I made a couple interesting discoveries about the TL-ST1008F that don't appear to be mentioned elsewhere on the (English-speaking) internet: 1. There's at least two hardware revisions of the switch, and they have one significant feature difference. 2. The TP-Link TL-SM410U 2.5G SFP module...
  9. J

PCIE 3 x8 adapter for OCP 2.0 cards - $18

I believe the current black PCB version here is a clone of the one specifically made to sell off the datacenter/cloud Mellanox OCP NIC stock. Here's some photos of the one from that 2019 thread disassmbled; note the metal cage and metal risers holding it all together, as well as the green PCB...
  10. J

PCIE 3 x8 adapter for OCP 2.0 cards - $18

As far as I can tell, they're effectively manufacturing an open-source design: GitHub - KCORES/OCP2PCIe: OCP Mezzanine card V2.0 to standard PCIe slot adapter design. Anyone can build/manufacture this, but at least at the moment no one domestically is choosing to. I'd rather have one option than...
  11. J

EXPIRED (US) - Oh look, hell just froze over - HP t740 thin clients are back below 400 USD (375 to 400, Wifi/BT or not)

I was only running the Mesa drivers on the WX4100; I have several system with AMD gpus that work perfectly fine on the mesa drivers, so I don't believe it was simply a driver configuration issue. libva-mesa-driver was installed, but I don't expect that particular library to have changed much as...
  12. J

So I'm no longer convinced it's a power issue, but I'm not sure exactly what's going on with the WX4100. I just put in a Quadro P1000 (47w TDP vs. the Radeon 50w TDP) and it runs flawlessly. So either the Quadro is just barely staying under the slot power ceiling, or there is some other issue...
  13. J

So the power supply got decently warm but not burning. I just tested with the 150w adapter but that doesn't appear to have solved this particular issue. It's possible it's just being power limited at the board/slot level. More tests with different applications/OSes may be required to say for...
  14. J

So I tested the T740/WX4100 combo (16g RAM, 512g nvme) running Arch/mesa drivers and Unigine Heaven 4.0 as the test workload. The hitching I saw in the framerate seems to suggest the system may be power-throttling. I am curious if the T740 will work with one of HP's larger power bricks though...
  15. J

I'm actually suprised the WX3100 has a higher TDP (65w) than the WX4100 (50w); looks like they clocked Lexa a bit too high on the 3100. I may test my WX4100 in the T740 to see if that's a viable config, since that would probably be the fastest all-AMD graphics setup you could do in this config...
  16. J

NEW HP T640 Thin Client Ryzen R1505G 4GB 16GF - NO KB/MOUSE, NO OS INSTALLED - $109

I'm pretty sure I tried the eMMC module in a non-HP system's nvme slot without success, so it may not be standard nvme and HP is doing something special on their nvme slot for these machines (it is silkscreened emmc/nvme on the board.)
  17. J

NEW HP T640 Thin Client Ryzen R1505G 4GB 16GF - NO KB/MOUSE, NO OS INSTALLED - $109

Does anyone have any detailed info about the DisplayPort capabilities of the T640 vs. T740? HP claims DisplayPort 1.2 for both models, but I've been able to get 4k120 working on the T740 (suggesting DP1.4 support) but I haven't been able to do the same on the T640, where it seems to max out at...
  18. J

EXPIRED Mellanox SX6036 36ports QSFP €150

Were you able to make any progress on this? Very curious on what my fan-quieting options are with this switch; also preferably without cutting wires :)
  19. J

Samsung PM983 U.2 very slow write speeds

This was a helpful tip for my (HPE-branded) P3700, as it was in fact disabled. What's more curious/concerning though is that nvme-cli doesn't appear to be able to re-enable it. Has anyone run across this issue before?
  20. J

Recommendations on a used 40gbe switch?

The point that the 7050's fans are configurable has my interest up; does it get as quiet as the smaller 1-2 fan 10gbe SOHO switches? Are there any other 40gbe switches I should be aware of that can be run reasonably quietly for a home/office setting? I have an SX6036 but I'm not currently using...