Search results

1. O

X9SRL-F cannot update BIOS, file ROM ID not compatible

I have here a X9SRL-f (the sticker on the board says so, plus i have 2 more they are identical) When i try to update the BIOS via IPMI or DOS i get: bios flash rom file romid is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID But it is the correct BIOS file Current BIOS is 3.2 I tried this 3.3 Bios...
  2. O

[IPv6] docker only ipv4

I am trying to add IPv6 to my docker server running on Debian 12. I change my IPv6 subnet (from ISP) to something fake. Debian has got a static IPv6 address. So i add this: { “experimental”: true, “ip6tables”: true } to my empty /etc/docker/daemon.json file. After that i ran: docker network...
  3. O

Having a hard time getting my 7900x system stable

I upgraded my 3900x to a new 7900x system. I didn't know about the AM5 boot issues. I do know, so i am looking for a solution. System: Asus Prime x670e wifi pro / 7900x / SN850 2TB / 2x32GB DDR5 6000Mhz g.skill. cooler master 850w gold i multi. I am running the memory on EXPO I. EXPO II makes...
  4. O

ESXi 8 boot from DOM/NVMe/USB/SATA ?

I run ESXi 8 on a Supermicro X11SCL-IF for my PfSense and some other stuff (Nextcloud, Unifi, domain controller etc). I run ESXi from a SATADOM from SM. ESXi tells me this disc is in Error plus it doesn't hold my changes so it is problem right ;) My VM's are on a 2TB NVMe M.2 drive. I am...
  5. O

Computer keeps turning on, randomly

I own one computer which keeps turning on after a couple of hours. I cannot seem to figure out why.... Turned off WOL Turned off wake up by mouse/keyboard No start up Jobs in scheduler Used different power outlets and power cords. Even though the power circuit in The Netherlands is rock...
  6. O

X9SRL-F B6 error

I own 2x X9SRL-F, i use to have a HA ESX setup but due to price of electricity in this country (and yes i do have solar power :) i turn one server off. This morning i noticed i lost all connecting and couldnt reach my ESX server. Long story short so i rebooted the machine and it hangs during...
  7. O

Asrock C246 & Supermicro SataDOM, not sure..

I have always used Supermicro boards, but since my X11SCL-IF is not booting anymore :( (IPMI is working fine) and buying a new one doesnt seem possible in The Netherlands anymore, i have found an alternative: Asrock C246 WSI So this is what i will be using: Xeon E-2224 2 x m378a4g43ab2-cvf...
  8. O

[ESX7] Change SCSI Controller virtual PFSense LSI SAS => pvSCSI

I am trying to change the SCSI controller of several installed Linux virtual machines. The one i am starting with is PFSense. I have tried the "Windows trick", adding new Hard Disk with Paravirtual SCSI Controller reboot and then change the SCSI controller of the primary Hard Disk. But this...
  9. O

[Hyper-V] replication between two servers over 10Gbit slow

i have got 2 the same Dell R710 servers. Both have got Server 2016 with Hyper-V role installed. And both are in a domain. I would like to use HyperV VM replication between those machines. I am using a direct 10Gbit SPF connection between them. When i use iperf it shows me an average of about...
  10. O

[X9SRL-F] How to disable chassis intrusion

i am using a X9SRL-F board with ESX 7. The software keeps complaining chassis intruder alert. I cannot disable this in the BIOS, i have already put a jumper on JPL1. Also cleared the alert in IPMI. Anyone an idea how to disable this alert?
  11. O

[ESX 7.0]Internet not working anymore after VeeAM backup of PFSense

I am running a ESX 7 server with a couple of VM's. I also use vCenter and VeeAM. Running on a SM X9SRL-F, 2690V2, 192GB and and SSD at the moment. Will transfer to synology connect by a 10Gbit Mellanox (SCSI). My problem is when i create a backup of my PFSense VM, after 20 minutes (give of...
  12. O

[FreeNAS] 2 different disks sets 1 pool?

I am running FreeNAS 11.3-U1. I have got 7x3TB on a Dell card flashed as a LSI 9207 and 8x4TB on another Dell card (also flashed). I would like to use all the disks in 1 Windows share. I thought i could create two vDevs (both Raidz1) in one pool, i hope i am explaining this right :) But when i...
  13. O

Mellanox Connectx-3 supported FW version by Syno

I am working on an ESXi 7.0 setup with shared storage (Synology FS1018). I would like to use a Mellanox Connectx-3 MCX312B-XCCT. Which is supported by Synology. According to the Synology website the supported firmware version is 2.33.5100. But the Mellanox website doesn't show this version...
  14. O

(Problem) H200 Flashing LSI firmware + IT Mode (EFI)

I have got two Dell H200 HBA cards, one is already in IT mode (according to the screen that passes during boot up) but since i would like to use them both in the same FreeNAS system i need to flash the other one into IT mode as well. And maybe do the other one as well to make sure they use the...
  15. O

Newbie questions about FreeNAS

Let me start by saying that this is my first FreeNAS installation. I am pretty tech (Windows, network etc.) savvy but FreeNAS is new to me. I really like this forum! I have read a lot but do have a couple of questions, first my setup: X9SCM-F Xeon E3-1270 32GB Kingston 120GB SSD for FreeNAS...
  16. O

Will Samsungm 393a4k40cb2 work on Supermicro x10sra-f

I am thinking of buying an x10sra-f and combine this board with 8x32GB Samsung m393a4k40cb2. Will this work? The memory qvl list doesn't show 32GB modules. And Google also not telling me much.