Search results

1. D

Will GPU passthru help me?

So the best tweak has been switching from GNOME to Xfce. Thanks for the suggestions.
  2. D

The answer I was expecting really, just hoping somebody would prove me wrong... Nevermind.
  3. D

I've got a server running ESXi and a number of CentOS8 VMs, to which I ssh from a Win10 desktop. I'm wanting to do some development using one of the VMs so want to run IDEs/editors (CLion and VS Code), run firefox etc. I tried VcXsrv as an x-server on Win10 and run GNOME on the VM, but was very...
  4. D

ESXi and HBA temps monitoring

That's good to know because neither storcli64 or perccli64 will see the controller in a CentOS7 VM to which I have passed through the controller. Need to get a disk in and check it is actually working! Edit: typo
  5. D

ESXi and HBA temps monitoring

I flashed a perc-310 to lsi 9211 IT Mode with the intention of passing it through to a Linux vm, so I can utilise some existing ext4 disks I'll be pulling from an old Gen 7 HP Microserver. It's in a tower case at home so not the kind of cooling these cards would get in a datacenter, but I have...
  6. D

Non-raid controller for esxi

Went for the h310 from Bargain Hardware - worth the premium over far east resellers for quicker delivery, 90 day warranty, legitimate business etc. Thanks for all the help. Will google for flashing to IT mode, but might be back...
  7. D

Thanks for all the advice. Doesn't appear to be many non-raid cards from recyclers on ebay located within EU, but a few for IT-Mode cards (but not too sure which of these cards to look at hence original question about using with esxi). Found a new 9207 for £80 on amazon, emailed supplier about...
  8. D

Thanks, didn't actually realise LSI did non-raid controllers. Much cheaper from chinese sellers - worth the risk? Also, is it possible to mount fans on these controllers? Or just rely on good airflow in the case?
  9. D

First post, hope I've got the correct forum for this question. I'm about to build my first ESXi server, partly to run a vm to replace a hp microserver (gen 7, running ubuntu) for serving audio, and for running multiple VMs to experiment with containerization/kubernetes for the day job. I want...