Search results

1. C

AMD Epyc 3251 only showing 1 thread per core instead of two (ASROCK Rack EPYC3251D4I-2T)

Just noticed there is now a new official BIOS released for this board: 1.20: https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=EPYC3251D4I-2T#Download There is also an update for the BMC to version 1.30 Great to see that LRDIMMs are finally supported officially!
  2. C

ASRock Rack EPYC3251D4I-2T package contents

I am just using two Noctua 80mm case fans mounted in my case. I've found that the NIC heatsink is typically running hotter than the CPU itself.
  3. C

ASRock Rack EPYC3251D4I-2T package contents

I did not get the Oculink cable with my motherboard.
  4. C

New: ASRock Rack EPYC3451D4I2-2T

While looking for any new BIOS updates for the EPYC3251 board, I stumbled on this new EPYC Embedded motherboard: ASRock Rack > EPYC3451D4I2-2T It support many more SATA devices (Up to 14), and seems to have a newer or upgraded 10Gb NICs (2x Intel X710-AT2) compared to the EPYC3251. It could...
  5. C

AMD Epyc 3251 only showing 1 thread per core instead of two (ASROCK Rack EPYC3251D4I-2T)

Besides the lack of support for the LR-DIMMs, I am pretty happy with this board. It's been very stable on the L1.12 BIOS posted in this thread. I would reconsider gettting another ASRock Rack board in future though, based on the support I got - I hear things are better with Supermicro.
  6. C

EU IBM ServeRAID H1110 6G SAS / SATA RAID-Controller 9,99€ inkl. VAT

What kind of cable do you need in order to connect SATA drives to this controller? From the posting, it looks like it doesn't come with one.
  7. C

I haven't yet, it seems pretty stable so far, but I have only been running it for a day now. I was hoping it would add some compatibility to the Samsung LR-DIMMs that I have, but unfortunately they still do not work with this board. So I have reverted to Crucial RDIMMs for now.
  8. C

@Janga, are you able to share the BIOS you have for this? I'm currently on version 1.10, and my server also only shows 8 cores and 8 threads on the same motherboard.
  9. C

Asrock EPYCD8-2T new Bios

Did you get this directly from ASRock Rack? On the official website, the current available version is 2.30
  10. C

ASRock Rack EPYC3251D4I-2T and Samsung LR-DIMMs

Does anyone have any experience with the ASRock Rack EPYC3251D4I-2T and LR-DIMMs? In the memory QVL, there is a 32GB LR-DIMM from Crucial which is listed. I also asked ASRock Rack support whether Samsung LR-DIMMs would be compatible, and they said they "theoretically should be". So based on...
  11. C

Question about home "server" builds. Why are they needed?

Some people want more "hands-on" experience or flexibility in managing their own services at home. For example, they may want to run their own DNS on their home network, and be able to block ads that way. Sharing files is another reason, which you have mentioned above. Personally I have a server...
  12. C

EU Intel NUC 7 Enthusiast - NUC7i7BNHXG - 279,80 € (Amazon IT)

Might be of interest for anyone who wants to use these for ESXi hosts. The link for the deal: https://www.amazon.it/Intel-NUC-Enthusiast-Mini-Windows%C2%AE/dp/B075VTD2W6 Official page for the model: Intel® NUC 7 Enthusiast Mini PC - NUC7i7BNHXG with Windows* 10 I believe it comes with Windows...